Monitoring 3G/Cell Signal

Discussion in 'Technology' started by chas84, 21 Jul 2011.

1. chas84

chas84

Hi everyone,

I work on a Country Estate, and needless to say we experience severe ups and downs here with cellphone and 3G signal (even with MTN and Vodacom boosters, etc. in place).

I'm looking for software that I can install (I guess that constantly pings something) so that I can see a graph or something to establish how the signal fluctuates.

Can anyone help?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

If you've got an Android phone you can download an app called opensignalmaps, that shows you where your closest tower is, measures signal strength, has maps, graphs, speed tester, also their website shows coverage area's.

4. chas84

chas84 Thread Starter

Thanks viper. I can't seem to find something that I can install on my laptop.

I guess opening a cmd and "pinging" something the whole time should give me a trend for that specific day.

5. KeeganP

KeeganP

you can use the ping -ta command, i.e ping -ta google.co.za
    Im not sure if the log continues for the whole day, might only keep a certain amout of pings only...

6. KeeganP

KeeganP

or ping -t google.co.za

Recent Posts