Monitor Calibration to see photos nicely

Reaction score
Mods, please make this a stickey.

If you can see all the colors from A-Z, it means you'll see the pics better, else, get yourself a calibrator (Spider comes to mind) or try and adjust your screen to be able to see the different colors in the "bar" BELOW, or follow the prompts on the chart below the bar:

A grey ‘ramps’ test pattern – white to black on the top, and black to white below – is a good way of setting the contrast too. Make sure that you can see all the gradations between the different boxes.
You may also need to turn the contrast down a little if there’s a colour cast at high levels, until that disappears – fixing it completely is something that usually requires access to the service menus of the set, and a colorimeter, with associated software tools.

greyscale-ramp.png

grayscale_adjust.jpg

Follow the prompts on this chart:

calibration.gif

screencheckfull.jpg

Good one, Sean :thumbup:

Must say, thanks to my Spyder3, your test strips were all pretty nicely "in die kol", with ALL the shades of grey and colour visible. Great to have something independently verifying that the calibration is correct :)

Thanks

Hennie

Thanks Hennie.....but.... Let's see how good our monitors are. I thought I did not have a too bad monitor, but can assure you. After I have just spend 30 minutes doing this LCD Monitor test, I became quite skeptical with my monitor.

Honestly a very very good test, if not the best out there:

LCD monitor test images

Back
Top Bottom