Monit Cap Fluff? Help

Discussion in 'ID Needed' started by Real Life, 17 Feb 2011.

1. Real Life

Real Life

Hello All,
    I have had this Monti in my tank for abut 2 weeks now showing great growth. Tonight about 15 min after the lights went off I saw these fluffy white things suddenly appear. Don't seem to be nudis as it has been 3 hrs now and they have not moved even the slightest bit. I took these picks but they are a bit dodge. Any ideas. Oh a bit of extra info is that I just cleaned and stirred things up a bit just before the lights went off. Is it feeding?

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Real Life

Real Life Thread Starter

Oops I always do that. try again
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. lIghty

lIghty

What happens if you put lights back on?

5. Saltwater to go

Saltwater to go

Very interesting do they send out thread like feelers? Or is it polyp? Can you get a clearer pic?

Last edited: 18 Feb 2011
  6. xtreme

xtreme

I hope for your part it isn't nudi's, good luck

7. Real Life

Real Life Thread Starter

Ok this morning the Monticello looks fine and only a couple of the fluffed left. Right after I posted last night one appeared on the far left that was about half the size of a smarty. They look more like a cross between polyps and little tiffs of cotton wool. Again they are all almost gone and the Monti looks fines no spots or tissue missing. Will try for a better pic if they are there tonight.:thumbup:

8. Real Life

Real Life Thread Starter

Oops... It should be Monti looks good. iPad trying to do all the work again.

9. Afsal

Afsal

i experience the same thing but in the morning the "fluff" is gone. Since it didn't cause any harm , i didnt worry about it.

10. Real Life

Real Life Thread Starter

Hello All,
    Fluff back again ameba few more to join the party. Tonight I see a few fluffs have filaments coming out almost like sweepers. I think it is a feeding response because today I did a good clean... Blowing rocks, stirring sand and moved a few things. Just like yesterday they came out after I had moved a rock to clean a bit. Otherwise the Monti still looks fine. I just would like to know what the fluffs are... My curiosity is intrigued.

11. Saltwater to go

Saltwater to go

Can you see the spot on the coral where the fluffs are when the lights are on. It could be a type of tube worm.

Fishman

Last edited: 18 Feb 2011
  12. Real Life

Real Life Thread Starter

Funny enough Imwasmjust looking now (morning here) and noticed that I can see a spot where they are. Not a spot like the Monti is damaged but almost like something coming out of the Monti. If it is some type of tube worm I wonder why they just appeared the last two days...?

13. Saltwater to go

Saltwater to go

I've seen small tube worms grow on all different types of corals, and some corals have feeding polyps that only come out at night. Can you get us a clearer pic.. would love to find out they are for sure.

Fishman

Last edited: 20 Feb 2011
Recent Posts