Mods and closed sales threads

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions and Feedback' started by Travis1, 16 Nov 2011.

1. Travis1

Travis1 (wilsontravy)

hi. was wondering if the mods could remove all sales threads that have been closed. because people are looking for specific items in the sales forum and quite often what we are looking for is already gone but still listed on the forum. is it possible for the closed items, items older than 2 months to be removed? like how gumtree works?
    just an opinion

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. chikaboo

chikaboo

Could be good or bad idea ... Sometimes its nice to look at past sales to see how the sale was concluded ... It gives you an idea of pricing and who to trust when it comes to buyers and sellers ..... Also there is an icon to say the thread is closed so if you in a hurry dont go into the thread marked closed ...

4. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

i liked out old sales system, were it even had a rating system for buyers and sellers

5. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

Guys there are a few ideas we are looking at for the for sales system.. but i personally like seeing the old thread as it can give you an indication of what the item sold for and help you with gauging what you should be offering or paying..

It also assists you in seeing who serious buyers are and who are just in the habit of impulse booking.. i see it as a reference as such.. so not all negitive although it can seem untidy..

6. mariusmeyer

mariusmeyer

Could there not be a sub board under the sales section where closed threads could be moved to. That way you dont lose anything and people looking for stuff can search through the open section.

7. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

The old system was thread like. Not a bidding system but it had a commite to buy button i think. So haggeling was still the bees knees.

8. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

that does help. Especially when I want to check the price listed on an item, and compare that to past sales. I cannot remember the going value for every type of pump or skimmer.

maybe an idea. @viper357 is the man who must do the work and indicate if it is possible.

But
    we close threads where the sale was done. And the system now close sale threads automatically after 6 months (still owe viper a few beers for that one).

Most important thing is that the sellers or buyers should make a last post and indicate that the sale can be closed. Then we do it.

If your item do not sell, bump your thread back to the top. Or adjust your price.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  9. lIghty

lIghty

I agree with Les.

But maybe this thread should be moved to "forum suggestions and feedback"?

10. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

Done my son ;)

Recent Posts