MM-Butterflyfish 714 Reef reborn.......

Discussion in 'uncategorised' started by Mrclownynennie, 5 Oct 2013.

1. Mrclownynennie

Mrclownynennie

After my tank crash a few weeks ago I lost almost all my stock:(!All that remained was 3 out of 8 fish!:( So after saving the three survivors 2 ocellaris clownfishes and 1 blue eyed cardinal I didn't know what to do?I lost all hope and thought I might give up!But I didn't,came back and decided not to give up on the survivors and not on this hobby!Alright the reef reborn,after a lot of planning and thinking through the tank is gonna be redone by MM aquariums:thumbup:Specs: DT=87L size=60cmX20cmX35cmX40cm hex sump=11L 30cmX21cmX17cm Equipment:150L/H skimmer,300L/H filter,Gac,sponge,DSB(still deciding),gravel filter,AQ-401 controller,400L/H aleas wave pump,700L/H hailea return pump (looking to upgrade),uv and 100W heater in DT and 50W in sump!Stocking Fish:Going all hardy:2yellow tail damsels,2 ocellaris clownfish,bicolor dottyback,Jumping Bean,some type of wrasse!Invertbrates:electric blue hermit crab,snail,cleaner shrimp,red starfish.MM fake coral reef insert!Due to us living in a small town not many products and things needed to keep corals alive are available,all will need to be ordered reason being this will be a fake reef insert!:D Hope you guys enjoy the build pics to follow on construction tomorrow!:)

Last edited: 7 Oct 2013
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mrclownynennie

Mrclownynennie Thread Starter

Oh the aquarium is a MM-butterflyfish 714 hence the name!

4. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

5. Mrclownynennie

I was more than capable of keeping the livestock alive!but we will really not know what killed them!!MM I'm not promoting just saying the name of the aquarium for eg.boyu TL550 doesn't mean I'm promoting it!

6. 459b

459b Moderator MASA Contributor

Who made that diagnosis? That disease is ussually easy to spot and very treatable.

Who is MM, I've never heard of that brand?

7. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

And yes, please report the sponsor to me.

8. HOT SAUCE

HOT SAUCE

welcome back Mr. Nennie .. glad you don't give up on the hobby and you remaining fish.
    just few thoughts on your new build.. if you can why don't you build a long tank instead of hex... maybe 90 x 30 x 30 reason for that would be that the fish need length to swim and not so much height . just think about it you almost never see fish swimming up and down but most of the time from one side to the other .. also to provide adequate light for 60 deep tank can be expensive which since you gonna keep fake corals for now is not a issue but you never know when you might change your mind and start adding zoas and this and that

9. HOT SAUCE

HOT SAUCE

also try and organize as much live rock as you can since you gonna keep quite a few fish and the bio load will probably be high. and if you can try get a slightly bigger skimmer .. look at the reef octopus HB-1000 which would be perfect for your tank... I think there is one second hand for sale in the for sale forum

good luck

10. Wouter7

Wouter7

hi jarred. i would love to help you with the planning of your tank. i build my entire system myself and would be happy to help you. i know you know alot about fish, but everybody needs a bit of help sometimes! as i would like you to have a tank that is so good and healthy that even if you receive sick fish that they would recover and flourish!!

i would also love it if you could help me with my fish.

let me know bud.

11. Mrclownynennie

Hi man thanks on the offer,right now I'm busy tracking down raree Labroides
    And deep water species of centropyge and Chrysiptera!But will let you know?

12. Wouter7

Wouter7

dude, why dont you want help? you told me 5 months ago that you had montis and gobies and stuf in your tank an da while back i realised you lied to me because you didnt even have a tank???? and i asked you 2 months ago and you also didnt want any help and your tank crashed? and why do you think you know everything?????

13. Mrclownynennie

Hi here is a pic of the book to substaniate my answer!:)

IMG-20131006-00853.jpg

14. 459b

So your task organization is a book?

If you read it from the book then I'm really going to think the disease was mis diagnosed. Fungal diseases in marine fish are rare and would not have killed your fish before medication could have been administered.

15. Mrclownynennie

Gosh that means something else killed my fish EEk! all the fish that were dead had inflamed gills and indented stomachs!So what do you think killed them?

Last edited: 6 Oct 2013
  16. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

17. Mrclownynennie

Thanks @Nemos Janitor really appreciate it!:)Read through my thread it really has gone south!

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  18. Mrclownynennie

Guys it was not the sponsors fault the packets arrived warm!After discussing things with @CheriS we still won't know what happened that day!Sorry @Moolis and pet stop sa :)

19. CheriS

CheriS

;)

20. 459b

You need to learn some restraint before you post and place all the blame on the shops. You were addiment that the shop ripped you off by sending diseased fish. A disease which your made up consortium of fish experts diagnosed and who's services you offered to a fellow reefer when in reality all you did was open a book.
    After all this you say it could have been a shipping/courier mistake? So how correct was your diagnosis then?

21. Mrclownynennie

I honestly am sorry @459b I realise everything I have done here! I guess the diagnosis is wrong I read the symptoms on the book and matched the description!I'm sorry and have learn't my lesson.I will restraint myself when posting.I realise I am a noob and that I have made a mistake and that I am still learning!:blush:

Recent Posts