Mix Pico Reef Office Tank

Reaction score
Howdy all.

As some might know by now the drop reef is no more due to a house move and me not getting around doing some repairs/upgrades to the tank.

I didn't want to house my corals in a plastic bin nor sell them as i still wanted to keep my fingers salty.

I used what i had, par38 light and gooseneck that i modded to 3watt leds 50/50 white and royal blue. Small 40cm tank that i build a rear chamber in with some media, heater and return pump.

Used real reef rock and aragonite.

Stock wise i have a few sps, few lps and some softies.

No fish or cleanup crew at the moment. Will add one hermit and maybe a snail or two to keep the sand clean, then 2 or 3 shrimps and a pom pom crab.

Sps starting to colour up now, they went poo colour with the transfer, adding aminos and victims weekly and seeing a major difference.

Tank been running 3 months now.

Will take better pics when i remember to take the camera.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well done!

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Reaction score
I do 50% waterchanges to keep things stable for the sps, consumption on calcium magnesium and alkalinity is very high due to the little water volume, +- 20l.

Im struggling with green slime algae, it was on a small frag and started growing on my sand only. Running purigen and phosphate remover in the rear chambers. Phosphates with Hanna checker is 0 and i recon the smile algae is a bacterial thing.

I dose reef plus once a week. Coraline algae is starting also, will be scraping it off as i dont want it in the tank.

Reaction score
I do 50% waterchanges to keep things stable for the sps, consumption on calcium magnesium and alkalinity is very high due to the little water volume, +- 20l.

Im struggling with green slime algae, it was on a small frag and started growing on my sand only. Running purigen and phosphate remover in the rear chambers. Phosphates with Hanna checker is 0 and i recon the smile algae is a bacterial thing.

I dose reef plus once a week. Coraline algae is starting also, will be scraping it off as i dont want it in the tank.
Who don't you want coraline?

Reaction score
As 4age said, then maintenance is much more and might have to start dosing.

Reaction score
My temp issue is about how temp but low. Tank reaches 26.6 highest during the day but at night drops to 23.5 or 24.5. I'm using a 150watt heater and its nit coping with 20l but used the same heater on my 200l drop reef and never had temps dropping below 24.5.

tekkengal

Reaction score
Looks awesome!
What fish will you add?

Reaction score
Tek, no fish at all. Will throw my low nutrients off. I might want a small sand shifting milk goby if i can find other wise nothing

Reaction score
I have a carton box i cover the tank with at night to try and keep the heat in.

Reaction score
First chamber over flow onto filter floss and heater, second chamber return and filter media

Reaction score
Fts
dcdb69547ed4f47eb12af99d5c3380f3.jpg

Top Bottom