MistaOrange's about time tank pics

Discussion in 'uncategorised' started by MistaOrange, 30 Apr 2010.

1. MistaOrange

MistaOrange

Hey guys I know how you guys are over pics & sorry about pic quality I had to use my mobile as I'm still waiting for my camera. It's not much but at least I finally posted some pics!! :thumbup:

my purple nudi was awsum to watch but sadly it got sucked up by pump & no more nudi;([​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    more to come!!:thumbup:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. MistaOrange

MistaOrange Thread Starter

My main tank it's small & will become a frag tank & the fish will all be moved into a much larger tank once fishroom is completed & new tank has cycled. The new tank has not yet been built as I'm not sure on the design yet. Far too many ideas, once I start drawing the plans I stumble upon new pics & new ideas so we start drawing again & again & again you know how it goes. I just want this setup to be unique & practical. LOL not that easy for me, I get side tracked easily.

[​IMG]
    LOL my 2 diy overflows. I need to change that asap but my local lfs is still in china & need new overflow desperately, LOL there's more coralline algae in overflow & sump than in the tank!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. MistaOrange

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There will be more pics to come once I finally bet my camera then at least I can post better quality pics.:thumbup:

5. Trev

Trev

I see you have a saddled toby, how is he doing and how long have you had him?

Trev

6. MistaOrange

Yes he's an awsum little critter & had him for just over 3months as the last one jumped the tank, never knew they were suicidal though. This one is so well behaved no chasing, no tail nipping & nothing to the last one I had. He's very tame & gets along with the other tank mates, some say you can't keep a toby with batfish & only read that after I got the batfish & they don't bother each other at all. He eats krill out of my hand & he doesn't attempt to nip me like the last one did but I think he was just curious. He has so much character. Do you have a toby as well?

7. Brandon WJ

Brandon WJ

very cool man. Where did you get the purple nudi?
    Are nudi's reef safe?

8. MistaOrange

9. Annoying

Annoying

WOW looking great:thumbup:

10. Trev

Trev

Yes I have had my one for two years and the same as yours he has such a personality and is so calm and timid and is on his own mission completely never bothers a soul. Was very fussy with eating in the beggining though but came right over time, he refused to eat the same meal 2 nights in a row I had to alternate between mussel meat, shrimp, white mussel, snail meat and urchin. I have a bond with this fish like no other and I have over 40 fish in total. Although they are so mellow on their own try putting a mirror on the glass and it will give you an idea of how agro they can get towards each other. Mine is also fully grown and its a pitty they dont get bigger like my other puffers.

Trev

11. MistaOrange

Thanx Annoying just can't wait to finish the fishroom so that I can start the new tank & have found a design which I like but not sure as I would like to attempt to build a bottomless tank but don't know if the risk is too great as ESKOM is our friend & switches our power off & you can imagine the mess but the design I have in mind could be the one I hope. Thanx again:1:

12. Annoying

Annoying

HAHA EISHKOM is ALWAYS the problem haha. I know how you feel our power gets switched off when it's raining 50km in any dirction around us but when there is gailforce winds and a thunder storm above us the power stays on:razz:. It's kind of funny was in Pet Stop last weekend and told them about my ekom problem and just behind him one of the guys of eskom was standing there and ironicly he was the one switching on power:lol:, oh and yip I felt like an a$s! Good luck with the tank build maybe you should get a Gennie, it would be more reliable...

13. MistaOrange

I haven't tried the mirror thing but won't the toby release toxins? Try feeding him live ghost shrimp & watch how he chases it but if you have wrasse & other carnivores then you'll have to put a wad of shrimp in & what a feeding frenzy you'll have going.

14. MistaOrange

:razz: I can imagine but would have let him understand what troubles many of us reefers have because of eskom & how many fish have been lost.:nono: I would be very grateful if I had a genie. Thanx dude :thumbup:

15. AfricaOffroad

AfricaOffroad

Looking good, Mr Orange !

He he, whats the Energade bottle for in the corner?

16. Tremayn

Tremayn

whoa do u have a sea urchin? :) ...

17. MistaOrange

vacuum!!!!:razz:

18. MistaOrange

Yes but at one stage he had very long spines, he must have broken then while attacking coraline algae

Recent Posts