Mineral mud

Ocean

Lazy Sea Slug
Reaction score
Does anyone where to get mineral mud thanks:thumbup:

I phoned him and he has at R600 for 4l of it i hope its realy good

yeah i belive that stuff is good from the tellers...

I read in an American thread that you can substitue the miricale mud with 100 % clay, scent free kitty litter... Much cheaper... They also said that it is basically fossilised sediment from ancent oceans.

Are you oging to use it in an eco system? e.g. bioballs before and after mud column?
I was wanting to try it, but the consensus on the forum was that it never really took off in SA.

Every article that I have read about it raves about it, overseas it is probably cheaper to get hold of than here but it will probably still work out cheaper than the conventional way of running tanks here as there will be no need to use a protein skimmer. I think the initial difficulty of sourcing it here and the take off of DSB and algae filters probably reduced the popularity here. That said, from what I've read it looks like an excellent way to go, the need to replace a portion every few years is an aspect to keep in mind. Liaquat will I'm sure give plenty of advice on using it given the research he puts into what he brings in.
Is there a link to the kitty litter filter?

I dont know about using aglea but im going to put it in my refugium in the hope of growing copapods ect this method is used by a guy in CT but im going to put cheoto in the sump

A distinction needs to be made between two producs with similar names, yet vastly different appearances.

1.) Mineral Mud, Sold by Caribsea brilliant substrate for refugiums.
2.) Miracle Mud, Sold by eco systems, Leng Sy and is a vital component for the ecosystem filtration approach.

I am getting the first one thnks for clearing that up for me

yip i dont know when i while have the money but when i do get the money i while get it

Back
Top Bottom