Mile High Greetings!

coralite

Free Digital Coral Guide
Reaction score
Hi All, :wave2:
My name is Jake Adams and I thought I would peruse some extra-national BB's to see what is going on outside the states. I am a reef aquarist, author and speaker living Denver Colorado, the mile high city. I am mostly into growing and propagating corals but I also have an eye for rare, odd or unusual marine fish. I have a BS in Marine Science and I am going back to school soon to study sexual coral reproduction and genetics. Instead of having a regular job I am an aquatic jack of all trades, supporting myself by writing articles, giving talks, designing reef systems, building aquarium shops and large systems. My main effort right now is Coral Identification and information at Coralidea.com which is a free coral ID resource which offers a free downloadable guide to corals for iPods, Mobiles and Computers. I will be speaking at all the major national marine aquarium conferences this year and I stay very well plugged into the American Reef hobby so don't hesitate to hit me up if you want to know how we do things stateside. Looking forward to being part of the community.
Jake Adams

fspeaker1-1.jpg

www.coralidea.com Free Digital ID Guide
YouTube - corallite's Channel - Lots of Reef Videos

Hi Jake

Welcome to MASA, love to pick your brain about your propagation methods and techniques.

Oops... didn't see this when I welcomed you in the other thread. Oh well, welcome again! You photos are amazing! Love your website!

masahello

WOW! Cool! It seems that out little MASA web-site is attracting some REALLY interesting and knowledgable people from the US! ;) :)

Well, a VERY WARM welcome to you Jake! Hope you enjoy our company! Perhaps we can learn some from you too, from your experiences....

Thanks for joining MASA! Please don't be a stranger, now, you hear!

Yeah! No kidding... what the heck did you google Jake? I'm curious since my forum was the first place you landed (looks like). So now I'm tickled... is my welcome thread coming up on Google now? Cool!

Anyway... it's funny, but I've been looking for a way to put my coral care sheets on some kind of portable/downloadable file. Looks like you and I have a similar goal/idea... not that it's all that novel. I do recall a guy in CA trying to do this with pet fish care. I never got his name though and don't know why nothing seems to have come of it (or maybe he's still working on it?)

Yeah! No kidding... what the heck did you google Jake? I'm curious since my forum was the first place you landed (looks like). So now I'm tickled... is my welcome thread coming up on Google now? Cool!

You got me! I was stalking you and I found you here. No actually I just searched S. Africa Reef Aquarium. Lil' birdies told me you were hanging round this site but i didnt realize you had your own forum.

You got me! I was stalking you and I found you here. No actually I just searched S. Africa Reef Aquarium. Lil' birdies told me you were hanging round this site but i didnt realize you had your own forum.

LOL What?! You know who I am? Seriously? ...mutual friend or something maybe? I'm so sorry to say, I'd never heard of you or your site until today. :( Oh well, thanks be to Google and MASA... funny that a forum in South Africa would held two strangers in the US met each other. Ah, go figure... and cheers!:1:

LOL What?! You know who I am? Seriously? ...mutual friend or something maybe? I'm so sorry to say, I'd never heard of you or your site until today. :( Oh well, thanks be to Google and MASA... funny that a forum in South Africa would held two strangers in the US met each other. Ah, go figure... and cheers!:1:

I am disappointed you don't remember me, We've had drinks enough times by now. . .

Dude, I'm soooo sorry... but if we were drinking that's probably WHY I don't remember you. I swear alcohol kills my memory cells. But you're a good looking guy, I should have remember that at least! So, now I'm trying to think... are you friends with Morgan L, James F, Rod B, Scott F or Bob F... these are the guys I've been recently inebriated with (I think-- again, memory loss is significant here)? Who else would have been there? Your name does sound familiar...

Dude, I'm soooo sorry... but if we were drinking that's probably WHY I don't remember you. I swear alcohol kills my memory cells. But you're a good looking guy, I should have remember that at least! So, now I'm trying to think... are you friends with Morgan L, James F, Rod B, Scott F or Bob F... these are the guys I've been recently inebriated with (I think-- again, memory loss is significant here)? Who else would have been there? Your name does sound familiar...

All of the above Lidster, Fatheree, Buehler, Fellman and Fenner. I actually took some of the embarassing pics of Rod in the giant sombrero surrounded by reef babes.

Haha... excellent! I'm going to be visiting with Bob and Morgan in March... but I do miss the IMAC/MACNA fun with everyone together. What a hoot! You're going to be at IMAC right? I swear this time I'll remember!! :D

Oh hey.... did you see I got Rod B to come over here too? He helped out in the surge thread. I keep trying to sweet talk him into coming back, but he must be busy blending squid parts again or something... lol

Thanks for the welcomes. Sara I will be speaking at IMAC so yeah I'll be there. I handle my share of alcohol here in the mtns. where the air contains less O2 . When I come down to sea level for conferences I am usually the last person standing when we drink. I bet Bob $100 I could drink him under the table and he didnt take me up on it and you know how much he can put down.

I bet Bob $100 I could drink him under the table and he didnt take me up on it and you know how much he can put down.

Hehe... I don't know. Sometimes I think Bob talks more than he drinks. Or maybe he just metabolizes the alcohol with all the talking... lol. In any case, I can't hold anything. A glass or two of wine and I'm already forgetting people's names... it's terrible really.

Anyway... I do hope we get to meet up at IMAC! We should make a point to get together before the drinking starts so I remember this time!

masahello

Hope you enjoy your stay

Welcome Jake, nice to have another international visitor ;)

welcometomasa

Back
Top Bottom