Midmar Mile

Galibore

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone doing the Midmar next year?

I would like to do it but not sure how to proceed.

Do I need to join a swimming club?

moz

Reaction score
Ah, brings back memories, when did they make the cut off time 60min, the first time I swam (1989) I'm sure the time was 50min, what ever it was I was the first person out of the water after the cut off time and didn't make it to the finish line, the following year I did complete it (training helps) and as a bonus I got sunstroke:whistling:

Galibore

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I am & didn't have to join a swimming club at all (unless you want to for training purposes).
Here's the online entry form https://secure.mrpricegroup.com/MidmarEntries/Default.aspx
Thanks Mouse. But the entry form is why I'm asking. Your membership number is compulsary. What membership number is that if you're not affiliated witha club?

http://www.midmarmile.co.za/

I'll stand at the finish line with an ice cold :peroni: for you.
Deal. I'll need a couple of those.

Ah, brings back memories, when did they make the cut off time 60min, the first time I swam (1989) I'm sure the time was 50min, what ever it was I was the first person out of the water after the cut off time and didn't make it to the finish line, the following year I did complete it (training helps) and as a bonus I got sunstroke:whistling:
ROFL.

moz

Reaction score
While you're at it, why not just do the comrades as well??Will be nice to do JUST one:)
If you're really a masochist you could always try the Iron Man, although my idea of exercise is carrying water buckets to my car.

Reaction score
Hey Galibore, apparently you don't need to fill in the membership number, you can leave it blank...

This is the email I received:

Hi Andre

I wondered whether you could help please? I have someone who would like to do this but the online application for asks for a membership number. Would a person need to join some sort of club to attain this?

Regards

--------------------------------------

Hi

Just leave that blank. You do not need it to enter.

With your own application, please wait until I have compiled the teams.

Regards,

André