Midasblennies Aquarium - a reality check!

Rod

Reaction score
I visited Midas at his home yesterday. This for me was a reality check, in short I was flabergasted!
So this is the million dollar question:
How is he maintaining his aquarium in that superb state?
Midasblenny please explain?

Reaction score
I visited Midas at his home yesterday. This for me was a reality check, in short I was flabergasted!
So this is the million dollar question:
How is he maintaining his aquarium in that superb state?
Midasblenny please explain?
Firstly Rod, it was great to have you over, you are always welcome and thank-you very much for your kind compliments!
I have no secrets tho, i (or rather my corals), love the Aqua Medic lighting 14 t5 4ft tubes and 2 250w MH 20000K. Skimming is done via a Idol Marine 1000 skimmer (way underskimming for most), i run 500g carbon 24/7 and change every week, approximately 100kg kenyan live rock for filtration and waterchange 5-10% weekly.
Oh of course it must be the additives! I dose Pure Reef Supplements kH Buffer, Calcium Booster, Iodine, Strontium, Magnesium daily and dose kalkwasser via a Idol Marine kalkstirrer and auto top-up switch and voila!

Reaction score
Well done Robin. Yes your tank is running as well as I think it possibly can, over the last number of months, it has really hit that perfect balance.

Everything is great, and your newer additions, the SPS are looking incredible.

Shot.

Rob.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Rod - You are a "teaser" ;-)
Only descriptions in words - why share only words with us? Midasblenny, you have been asked for pics..... I shared the notion. Please? We on the other side of the country cannot come and visit you at home.... So, the only way we could admire your piece of art, is through pictures on this site..... So again, pretty please?

Reaction score
Sorry but i`m hopeless with photos etc but there is a thread with quite a lot taken by psycho, maybe someone can transfer a few from there to here?

Rod

Reaction score
Sorry but i`m hopeless with photos etc but there is a thread with quite a lot taken by psycho, maybe someone can transfer a few from there to here?
I looked but they seem to have got lost in cyberspace somewhere!