Midas Blenny!

Reaction score
Ok i've searched all over the net, found that each different website gives slightly different fact for the midas blenny.

I want to know how big this guy really grows? Some say 2", some 3" 1 website even said 5"!

Any one know?

Here's Lenny ;)
55547c14f45dc8d9.jpg

5" = 12.70 cm's

I think that's possible, they are 'long' slender fish. I think mine probably measures about 8 or 9 cm's at the moment (3,5")

Thanks! ;)

I know he's good in my 24G, but with the 2 clowns and him i'm worried i've hit my bioload? I don't want to overstock this tank, but i'd love another fish that will swim in the water column above the reef (the clowns stick to the bottom and lenny jsut chills on the LR most of the day!) Would love some more movement in the tank! ;)

I know..

Would it help you to know I have had these fish arrive as large as 12-13cm?

Ya, 5" is closest to reality.

Ecsenius midas, is imported from 45-50mm upwards.

I linked you to moz thread via pm, where Midas Blennies, are briefly described.

This isn't book/webinfo ... just good ol' South African experience AND facts.

Ok i've searched all over the net, found that each different website gives slightly different fact for the midas blenny.

I want to know how big this guy really grows? Some say 2", some 3" 1 website even said 5"!

Any one know?

Here's Lenny ;)
55547c14f45dc8d9.jpg

Matt you have some really good looking rock there!

Matt you have some really good looking rock there!

The rock Matt has got is insane. You must see all the free coral that grew out of the rock, mushrooms and Zoas.

Why don't I get lucky like this ??:(:(

I know for a fact that these guys can get up to about 5" or more as ive seen one that size at sams pets last year .

Yeah my rocks are awesome! I love this Midas just a bit worried he's too big and I wont be able to add any other fish to this setup...

Yeah I did get lucky, got mushrooms, zoa paly's, xenias, sponges all came with the rock. ;)

Back
Top Bottom