Midas & Bi-Colour Blenny

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by Michael B, 19 Aug 2010.

1. Michael B

Michael B

Morning Folks,

I have a standard 5 foot set-up & have a Midas Blenny already. My question is, can I add a Bi-Colour Blenny?

Will this cause any stress on Midas?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Michael B

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. maj

maj

if ther is enough hiding places in the LR for both fish im sure they will be ok.
    I had my bi colour blenny and lawnmower blenny fightin for about a week for territory in my 4ft,after a while they just settled in

4. Michael B

Michael B Thread Starter

Thanks so much maj & good to know

5. crispin

crispin

Michael ive kept a midas and a lawnmower blennie is happiness together, although the lawnmower took a dislike when i added a bicolour to the mix.

as midas and bicolours both fill different roles they often mix fairly well, but you will need a fairly chunky reef with lots of spaces for one to hide should issues arrise. but id say go for it:)

6. Michael B

Michael B Thread Starter

Appreciate the detailed feedback crispin - in my foot, I do feel there is enough rock & space for both of them (think I will give it ago - both fish just have so much character)

7. crispin

crispin

IS that a tingling in your toes or a one foot tank. a one foot tank is not big enough for two blennies.

8. chikaboo

chikaboo

Can you show us a pic of how big your foot is and how many fish you have in there and how much live rock?:razz: What size shoes do you use and are they see through:lol: Pardon the pun .... just pulling your foot(leg):rofl:OK enough now ..... where's my manners ... Welcome Micheal .... Fish are funny characters ... sometimes they coexist in harmony ... sometimes not .... Try to introduce the new one after lights out and when the older inhabitants are asleep so they dont feel threatened that their homes will be taken over by the new fish ..... If you really want to you can even go to the extent of rearranging the rockwork to make everyone look for new homes (not the ideal solution) ... All the best with the new ones....

9. Michael B

Michael B Thread Starter

Just reading through all my old threads & found this comment which I missed - great way to start the morning had a real good laugh (alas I never tried, was too nervous)

Recent Posts