Microbe-lift nite out ii

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by nudibranch, 25 Mar 2014.

1. nudibranch

nudibranch

How often can you dose MICROBE-LIFT NITE OUT II when you have a spike in your tank?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. BlackSpark

BlackSpark

I think you can dose it once a day for an extended period until you see the results. You cannot rush it though. Monitor daily.

You would not need Nite Out if you dose Special blend weekly. This is just my opinion and an unconventional method. I have not had any Nitrite / Nitrate spikes since dosing Special blend - and this is based on my personal experience of adding more live rock in an already cycled tank.

Alternative is NoPox...

4. nudibranch

nudibranch Thread Starter

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  5. HOT SAUCE

HOT SAUCE

do you know what is causing the nitrate spike.. I think its important to find the cause before you rush for additives.. also nite out is more for newly established tanks that need to build up ammonia removing bacteria.. for a running tank you should use Special Blend..

monitor your skimmer when adding bacteria because it will probably go berserk and overflow.

6. nudibranch

nudibranch Thread Starter

@HOT SAUCE, a starfish died and when I found it a about 2 days had past. When I tried to take it out the tank it basically fell apart. So I have a spike in the tank but it seems to be residing now.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  7. HOT SAUCE

HOT SAUCE

I'm glad that things are coming back to normal slowly.. just continue to dose the nite out as per directions on the bottle... I still think special blend will do a better job tho

Recent Posts