microbe-lift all in one master supplement

Discussion in 'Water Parameters and Additives' started by Charl_Stanhope, 16 May 2012.

1. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope

Hey reefers.

Anyone tried the above mentioned product. I've been using it for a few months now and it seems to keep parameters in check but I only test the "main" parameters like mg,ca. I like to believe it keeps all parameters in check but it sounds too easy. Anyone having success with this product!

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Sounds interesting, have you got a link? I'm too lazy to google. :p

4. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope Thread Starter

5. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Thanks. That looks quite good, it's got a nice mixture of supplements in it, think I might give it a try.

6. Charl_Stanhope

Ive been using it for a couple of months now without dosing anything but buffer and my parameters seems to be staying stable. I will have to get more test kits and start testing other parameters like iron,iodine,strontium and see if those stay in check as well.

This seems to be a good product. It just feels like its too easy to just add a couple of cap fulls and there you go. parameters in check.

7. Mewik

Mewik

I used to only use this stuff when I first started a reeftank and only had a few bits of coral in my tank, I didn't test much so can't say whether it worked at keeping params perfect or not, but everything grew pretty well with no ill effects. I continued to use it weekly after I started to dose ca etc as it adds a whole load of minor trace elements that I don't see listed on other products. I have stopped using it now though as the price has increased a hell of a lot from when I first started.

I don't think its ideal for a full on reef setup, but for a tank with a few frags, softies etc it seems to get the job done without much hassle.

8. Mewik

Mewik

What always bugged me was the directions:

Add 2-4 capfuls (14-28 mL.) per 50 gal. (189 L.) 1-2 times per week as a broad spectrum total supplement of over 60 components of sea water.

Usage may safely be double if desired.

So you can dose 14ml per week, or 102ml per 50g depending on how you feel? Seems a bit vague.

9. Charl_Stanhope

Ive got a mixed reef with sps and things stay pretty stable. Im just wondering,if your tank uses for example,more Ca than the average tank,you will have to supplement the all in one with extra Ca,and that goes for all the parameters. What Im not sure about is when your tank uses say for example,less strontium than an average tank and you keep dosing the all in one,will your strontium levels go through the roof or will the all in one just keep it at the desired levels.

10. Mewik

Mewik

I think it should be used in small tanks and if anything seems to be going wrong then you resort to water changes to correct it. It def seems to be a pretty good product, but it obviously requires a bit of monitoring, more visually than with test kits imo, to ensure that you don't land up with an imbalance of one element.
    @HenkHugo Maybe one of the sponsors can shed a bit more light on this product, with regards to it causing an imbalance over time, it seems a little impractical to have to test for so many elements when using a product that is meant to make life easier lol.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
Recent Posts