Microbacter7

Discussion in 'Water Parameters and Additives' started by Mewik, 10 Jan 2012.

1. Mewik

Mewik

I picked up a bottle of Brightwell's Microbacter7 and just need to get some input as to how I go about dosing this stuff. My PO4 etc is all sat on 0 so as far as I know it should be fine to start the dosing.

My tank is 160l & my plan is to dose 6ml per day for 2 weeks followed by 1 drop per day after that. I am going to dose Aquav Fuel for carbon so long, how often/much should I dose and should I not dose the Fuel until after the first 2 weeks or what?

Thanks

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

This is the best I could find without "surfing" to much, so hopefully this info on this Site would steer you in the right direction...
    Brightwell Aquatics Microbacter7 - Nemo Marine Systems Online Store

Some useless info...might come in handy someday...
    http://www.michiganreefers.com/foru...5-starting-brightwell-microbacter7-today.html

Last edited: 10 Jan 2012
  4. Mewik

Mewik Thread Starter

lol yeah thats the write up on the bottle. Hoping someone has done the trial & error part for me and I can adjust the regime to my system volume ;)

The dosing of the M7 is pretty simple, I am just not sure about when to dose carbon/fuel. I have got the manual from Brightwell's and was hoping to get by without studying it.....think ill go put the kettle on and prep myself for some reading. Will go through the links you sent and see where my head is afterwards :)

Thanks

5. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

Hmmmmm get the [​IMG] ready..:005:...that Michigan Forum is loooong...:whistling:

6. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

Brightwell make "Reef fuel" as the Carbon doesing part of this system

7. Kunhardt

Kunhardt

You should be dosing them together i would imagine as you would do with other varients like zeovit and prodibio.

The carbon is a fuel source for the bacteria and increases their numbers.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. FransSny

FransSny

For ease of use Mewik , I would consider Microbelift Special Blend, it has a wider variety of bacteria, very easy to dose (Innoculation dose , a weekly intermediate dose and then bi weekly maintenance dose), no need then to do carbon dosing as well. If you get carbon dosing wrong....you could create some headaches for yourself in terms of unwanted bacterial growth such as cayno.

Used in conjunction with their other nutrient control product (Nite Out II), it is VERY effective

Have a read here for some more info:
    Microbe-Lift.com :: Special Blend

HenkHugo and AndrévN like this.
  9. Mewik

Mewik Thread Starter

I got some of the Brightwell's Reef fuel and have started dosing the tank, 4ml per day of MB7 into the sump & 2.5ml of the RF into the DT area. I have put the skimmer off for a couple hours when adding but I'm not so sure about leaving it off for 4 hours at a time.

So far the water definitely looks clearer and the skimmer is pulling out olive green looking thick gunk. I had some algae blooming up from the tank being disturbed during the mods and in the couple of days since dosing it has started to die off, turning white and looking a bit mank. My Xenia outbreak looks a bit weak as well, they are all open fully but they don't seem as strong and solid if that makes sense. Polyp extension looks better on pretty much everything and I noticed polyps extending out the bottom of my green monti which I haven't noticed before, not sure if I missed it or what.

So far it seems to be doing something useful but time will tell, I think the next step is to start controlling the food supply of aminos etc as the tank is not heavily stocked or fed and I don't want to induce famine in there.

Recent Posts