Micro Bubbles

Reaction score
I have a nano tank with built in skimmer. Aquaria 37 litre. Im having a problem with thousands of microbubbles. It seems to be coming from skimmer. Ive treid ajusting the air intake and water intake but it doesn't help. Its making tank look terrible.

Any ideas?

What i don't like is makes water look dirty. If i turn skimmer off water is crystal clear. Iv been doing a lot of reading but cant find a solution.

Almost all skimmers have a break in period during which they produce excessive micro bubbles. It's incredibly frustrating.

Somer skimmers are much better than others both in terms of the quantity of bubbles the produce during break in as well as the overall duration of break in. It is possible that there is a problem with your pump but it is also quite normal to experience one to two weeks of excessive bubbles.

One interim solution that worked well for me was to introduce a layer (or several layers) of filter floss where the water exits the skimmer, such that the water coming out of the skimmer flows directly into the floss. Many of the bubbles may be trapped or pop when they hit the filter floss, before entering the water column. Obviously this may not be possible given the design of your particular skimmer and aquarium, but it worked very well for me until the bubbles naturally subsided.:m106:

I think i was to impatient lol, after a week or two skimmer settled and bubbles have gone :thumbup:

Last edited:
Hi there my skimmer has been running for 3 weeks going on 4 and still so much microbubbles

Back
Top Bottom