Metal Halide suspension

Reaction score
Hello there clever people. Need to throw some ideas out and receive some comments or other ideas. Got two kick ass reflectors, going to have to find a third soon(probably will be different), but i need to place them some how. I have seen a few people make stands for them and then the stands rest on the bracing, but i am trying to avoid this as it makes like a bit hard when you are trying to work in the tank(which i may just be doing 24/7). So the next option is to hang then somehow. Either by bolting them to my hood or by suspending them from my hood using some form of cable. What cable can i get for them that is strong and nice to look at if i decide to go that route? another question is, where do i make the holes in the Reflector? i dont want to decrease the efficiency of the reflector by putting nasty bolts in them. They are square reflectors and pretty tall so suspending them only gives me the option of varying their height slightly as opposed to bolting them straight onto the hood. lots of questions here, all jumbled up too, hope its not too much:whistling:

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
make a steel frame and allow it to be able to be lowered and heightened.. attach the lights to this.. them you can raise them in the event of a major clean when you need to get right to the far back corner of your beast...

moz

Reaction score
A pulley system?

Reaction score
A pulley system?
have you perhaps got a link with some pic & where one can buy these pulleys & cables, i'm also looking at using a pulley system... thanks!

Reaction score
thanks moz looks very interesting, i wonder how reliable and how much they can handle... can you get these locally?

moz

Reaction score
thanks moz looks very interesting, i wonder how reliable and how much they can handle... can you get these locally?
I've got a friend who has contacts in the lighting industry, and I'll ask him on Monday if he can find out anything about them or something similar.

Reaction score
awesome moz that would be very cool thanks!

ml

Reaction score
Sorry for barging in like this but where can you buy a reflector because myne is to little for my long tank:(

moz

Reaction score
Sorry for barging in like this but where can you buy a reflector because myne is to little for my long tank:(
Try posting a request in the sponsors forum, I know some of the sponsors have MH fittings including reflectors.

Rory

Admin
Reaction score
If you click the "Forums" link (second in the top bar at the top of the page) then you will find the Sponsors forum right at the end...

Reaction score
Hangers

Hi , first post from a newb but here is a place in SA that sells the EZ light hangers, here's the link the gro-shop sa

Plus as you can see they also do a whole lot of accessories for lights and growing things!!!

Peace, UV.

moz

Reaction score
I've got a friend who has contacts in the lighting industry, and I'll ask him on Monday if he can find out anything about them or something similar.
Saw my friend today and he says that the pulleys shown in the link should be available in a lot of places that sell domestic light fittings, he knows of places in Port Elizabeth and Jeffreys Bay were I could get them, if they are available in J Bay they should be available in most major citys.

Reaction score
Hi , first post from a newb but here is a place in SA that sells the EZ light hangers, here's the link the gro-shop sa

Plus as you can see they also do a whole lot of accessories for lights and growing things!!!

Peace, UV.
thanks a lot dude! i was there now & bought their last 2, they can only get stock next year the 12'th :(

but it's an awesome little shop, all sorts of goodies to grow stuff, they even sell MH's, reflectors, reflective materials etc. etc.! i'll have to go back there some time... :thumbup:

Reaction score
Anytime Dude/Dudess, Charles did mention to me that because of the whole christmas holidays and stuff that new orders would only be in after Jan 12 cos customs closes over december and sometimes they just never get around to the stuff and it gets forgotten.

That sucks for me, that you nabbed the last two as was gonna head there tomorrow and pick some up, oh well Jan is around the corner!!!

Happy Holidays everyone!!!