Mercedes C240 station Wagon

Discussion in 'Sports and Lifestyle' started by chikaboo, 29 Jun 2009.

1. chikaboo

chikaboo

Hi guys anyone can give me info on this car - getting one at a "good deal" - so if someone got the pro's and cons - let me have it plz - thanx all - sorry 2003 - mileage 160000 full house R30000 under book value!

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. AndrévN

AndrévN

Pro's lots of space. :thumbup: Cons they have no retail as they aren't popular. :( So as a trade inn you wont get a lot for it. Asked a friend selling cars. He rents one of my units in town for his carlot. But a good car all in all. :whistling:

4. chikaboo

chikaboo Thread Starter

Wanna get it for my dad - he has a Peugeot Station wagon that he bought in '84 - it is in showroom condition and a merc 1986 230E also in pristine condition - we told him to sell them and we'd get him this and he's retired already so dont think gonna sell it soon!

5. AndrévN

AndrévN

Kobus said if your not intending to sell its a good car. ;)

6. chikaboo

chikaboo Thread Starter

Thanx Max for your input - appreciate it dude!

7. AndrévN

AndrévN

no problems

8. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator MASA Contributor

Awsome car Chikaboo. The problem is the mileage. Mercs and BMW's after 100 000km's give you grief. Eg. My dad has the C230 Kompresssor (Coupe). His mortor plan just expired and now all the nonsence is starting. The stearing wheel rack is on it's way out and the agents want R33000.00 for a new one. This is the reason why he is selling the car now.

9. chikaboo

chikaboo Thread Starter

Thanks Meks - maybe that's why he dont want to sell "old faithful"!

10. shiks

shiks

Hey Chickaboo.....brilliant car but mileage sounds way too high.....even if its fully serviced.....i saw sum 2008 New shape C180k Auto Avantgarde estates for sale for around 295k with 8000kms on it a month or so back.....also 2003 was old spec meaning fogged headlight cluster as well as no inside rear brake light and interior is different to the 2005 model which had a engine and cosmetic exterior upgrade....i got the 2005 c180k and am looking for a family car(estate)....only thing putting me off the old shape is that most of the cars are just going off motorplan.....give it a realy good think before u leap ...its alot of money and all merc estates have no resale value...just my 2 cs

11. keyaam

keyaam

True, once the motor plan is gone, sell. The cars are programmed that way.

12. chikaboo

chikaboo Thread Starter

Thanx Keyaam and shiks where you lost dude? After hearing some "photo" being released from last months meeting you hiding in the shadows? You and Mek got to get rid of them secret photos or someone gonna get your'll guys!

13. Mekaeel

Shiks got it, not me. Nail him :p

14. IMarine

IMarine

Hi guys a merc c240 is a excellent motor and one of the best 6cylindar motors ever build you can not compare a compressor it runs off a super charger and that runs off the crank, more load on the motor then a turbo,the c240 is a natural motor that means no turbo or super charger if the car has a full service history send me the reg and vin number i will get my friend at merc to check the history of the car,i have a c240 that has 90000km with no probs at all and i know of one that has 270000km on the clock with no prob at all,you see those c240 motors if serviced by merc they will normaly use castrol or mobile 1 oil ,with mobile 1 oil its fully synthetic and it protects the bore of the motor from start up and your car should give you long service but if you said a bmw i will again be scared with that mileage my bmw 318itouring sport pack motor poped just 1500km before motor plan had to expire and i was going to sell but know after every things going to be done under motor plan i will not sell, the perfect family car and tourings merc and bmw with sport kits or should we say a amg on a merc looks so cool

15. chikaboo

chikaboo Thread Starter

Thanx everyone else so far for their opinions - nice to know you can get advice on somethig more than marines but then again that's what being part of MASA family is about! Thanx so much iMarine - I'm gonna try and get those details ASAP for you - also remember guys - my dad's retired so I don't think he is gonna go speeding down the freeway like his cuckoo son - It's just a touring car as my mum just retired as well now so as long I dont get behind the wheel it should be OK! Also thanx for the heads up on the oil - will be sure to mention it to my dad!

Last edited: 1 Jul 2009
  16. chikaboo

chikaboo Thread Starter

Ok guys after using this vehicle for about 3 months I'm starting to get a bit confused - We have experienced a few teething problems but got them sorted out and now looking at another option - Anyone used the 2002 ML270 CDI - I have an option to swop this station wagon for one with 1 owner - full service history and 200000 on the clock - last service done at 182000 - Just dont know if worth it - it has all extra's - side steps bull bar , dvd and a third row of seats in the boot!

17. Mekaeel

Dude, dont buy Merc's or BMW's without motor plan. Trust me, the moment the reach about 80000km's, they give hassles galore. Im talking from experience. Here's an eg. My 330ci that I traded in last year, my best friend wanted to buy it, I told him no although he was offering me more than the trade value...Go figure.....
    My old mans Merc's hit 100000kms and there problems upon problems, now he is waiting for it to get stolen :p

18. chikaboo

chikaboo Thread Starter

Thanx Mek - hard lesson learnt with this merc - Is there no ML270 CDI drivers out here? 2000/2001

19. Mekaeel

Oh yeah, and remember, diesel engines cost way more to repair than petrol hey ;)

20. chikaboo

chikaboo Thread Starter

That learnt my my Isuzu but was looking at these positives : This ML had 1 owner - FSH - all extra's - owner upgraded to AMG ML (damn lucky bugger) and this one has balance of 22 months extended warranty 201000km's - major service done at 189000

21. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

DO NOT GET THE DIESEL. thats my bit of advice. Brand new no issues second hand and its not a case of will it give me issues its a case of WHEN are the issues gona start

Recent Posts