Mecer Blazer 600 UPS

Discussion in 'Test Kits, Controllers, Reactors and Dosers' started by Loki, 4 Jun 2010.

1. Loki

Loki cable tie ninja

Hi Guys

Was just curious as to whether these UPS's would be worth holding onto?
    Mecer Blazer 600 UPS rated at 360W?

Would i be able to run my return and maybe my heater (150W), and if so for how long would they be able to run. I have 2 of them BTW.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. vatso

vatso

Loki they would work for a few minutes - 20 - 30Min max running a heater. you can mod it & connect a larger 12V battery. mine burnt out as it is made just to be used to shut a PC down & not keep it running.

4. PeterL

PeterL

You can maybe use it to prevent power surges and if something trips in the house, it will buy you a few min to get your mains back on, however it won't supply enough power to run your system for any decent length of time.

Maybe if you had a 3000mAh UPS then you would be OK but the little UPS's we get at our PC retailers aren't strong enough by half...You can look at each individual piece of equipment and get it's power consumption (every electrical piace of kit shows it on a small tag on it - SABS by law so it will be there). You then gather all that info and look up a UPD supplier in your area and ask them what system will supply you with sufficient power to run 4-5 hours (or more)...

Recent Posts