Measure twice - add water once...

Reaction score
I've almost converted my tank to a tropical fresh water tank....:whistling:
For the last couple of day's I've noted that my "evaporation" on my tank is extremely high. As per normal I just added fresh water like I've done for the past year or so.
Last night I've noted that my corals ain't opening that much - even my little pin cushion who is always extracted are closed...
I've decided that I must do a small water change - seeing that it was due in any case.
Just to make sure that the salinity in my pre-mix tank and the salinity in my tank is more or less the same I've measured the both....
SHOCKED - SILENCE - MEASURED AGAIN TO MAKE SURE - AND MEASURED AGAIN..
My salinity in my tank was something like 1.019 (or something like that - all that i know is that it is way below what it's supposed to be)
Long story short - one of my sumps out side is leaking water like mad...And me - I've just added water...(dump @ss):nono:
Luckily I could by pass that sump. I'll need to fix that sometime...
I've switched on a fan to speed up evaporation in my tank, and I've added a LITTLE bit of salt in my tank...
I'll slowly convert my tank back to a marine tank...;)
Luckily none of the fish looks really stressed - only the corals looked a bit down.

A while ago I've almost added an auto top up with an Ro unit to automate everything. Thank heavens I didn't had the money to buy it back then - else I would have had a fresh water tank...