mauritius diving pics .....as requested by the blou bull from richards bay

Reaction score
okay, here the pics as requested

im not sure how many pics one can post at the same time, so i'll try do 5 at a time

fishinwater.jpg

2038_01190206.jpg

2038_01190204.jpg

2038_01190211.jpg

2038_01190193.jpg

wicked pics

mikaanddadonmaeva.jpg

paradise.jpg

reloading batteries in the camera
marcofixingcamera.jpg

flat isand
marcoandmikaflatisland.jpg

my mates catamaran
the maeva
maeva.jpg

lunch on the island
jeromebraai.jpg

thats all folks.......

more at the end of april

wow brings back memories of when i went there

lol....yeah did you tell the guys about your trip there......

i arranged a little trip for preshan for his honey moon.......actually come to think of it i think myself and millepora arranged the day........anyway, i knew preshan was going to mauritius on honeymoon, so we arranged with my mate to take preshan and his wife to one of the islands on the catamaran........

what does the damn reefer go and do.......dives out live-rock for his marine tank in sa.....lol....typical reefer

anyway......im sure that day will stay in your memories for ever

i see gem tangs every year i go there, however last year "2008" i dived more than the previous years and did not see one.

they are called the "mauritius tang" however in conversation with a fish exporter there (mark yeung) he told me that they are even becomming rare there.

as far as i know only 5 were cought here in sa last year aswell.

the local divers have ben predicting a good season this year.....but to date....still nothing.

the good news is if you see on picture no 6 and bottom left corner of pic 11
the rare black tang has lately found its home in a couple of the shallow reefs on surrounding islands and in there marine sanctury of blue bay.

for those of you who go to mauritius and would like to see gems in the wild, you need to dive at le coin de mere.......its a risky snorkel ...seriously hairy ...you will jump off the anchored catamaran on to a steep ledge of a rock island that has huge fish and lots of current, but the 4 times i dived there ...i saw gems three times.......

im gonna try google earth the image or link of the place for you.....in the mean time , here is a pic of that island.....you are not allowed to set foot on this island as its is now a sanctury for birds....maybe theres a dodo there too...lol

gemisland.jpg

okay, so i'm to supid to post the link from google earth....so go check it out for yourself....

soom in on mauritius....go to the northern point and you will see an island .....gunners coin (coin de mere)......some picture tabs may show up....near a red square there is a tab called confetti bay, click on it and you will see what i mean......
there are other picture tabs taken from the side of the island buy people on catamarans on the way to gabriel and flat islands.....click on them too and you may see why the islad is nick named....sexy rock....lol
if you go out the area more north you will see blurry islands too.....click on those tabs......
that is heaven on earth......were my ashes will one day lie.........gabrie and flat isands

go checkt out....and i you ever keen on oing there.....i'll hook you up with the maeva

lol....yeah did you tell the guys about your trip there......

i arranged a little trip for preshan for his honey moon.......actually come to think of it i think myself and millepora arranged the day........anyway, i knew preshan was going to mauritius on honeymoon, so we arranged with my mate to take preshan and his wife to one of the islands on the catamaran........

what does the damn reefer go and do.......dives out live-rock for his marine tank in sa.....lol....typical reefer

anyway......im sure that day will stay in your memories for ever

:) i didn’t dig them out there’s millions of it laying all over the shore, imagine if we could get that over here, so anyway i took a decent size bag on the trip knowing what i was going to get up to and picked up as many pieces as i could fit into the bag you should of seen the faces of the guys when i got back on to the boat, wandering what this oks got in his bag keeping it safe and close to him. :biggrin:

yeah, i cant wait either.......been a hectic year!!!
hopefully i'll get to cruise on the maeva "2" this year....awesome catamaran
i believe the diving has been good there lately so really looking forward to it:yeahdude:

Back
Top Bottom