Matt's New Nano

Matt

Wrasse
Reaction score
Just picked up this beauty today ;)

Info
Nano-Cube 24 DX
7kg Kenyan LR (I want to buy another 5kg of another type so as to get the best diversity - anyone know where I can get in the JHB area? I'm in Randburg)
Stock filter and pumps etc - Will look into upgrading these as soon as i'm introducing livestock and corals etc.

As requested, pictures of the pea soup!

Full tank shot
Wholetank.jpg

Closeup of tank (Please excuse the lack of imagination with the LR, using these pieces as a base and am going to build upward from there)
CloseUp.jpg

What the heck are these things?
Stuff.jpg

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Fear not the Pea soup will subside.

How about a pic with the lid open?

Looking good:thumbup:

Matt

Wrasse
Reaction score
Thanks for the comment ;) More pics as requested:

Lights - 4 lamps, 2 10k purified white daylight side by side with two 7100k blue actinic on the outsides. Plus two Nite-vu LED moonlights ;)
Lights.jpg

Lamps off
Toplightoff.jpg

Lamps on
TopLighton.jpg

Nite-vu LED Moonlights
Nite-vu.jpg

Back filter compartments - 3 stage filtration
Chamber 1 - Mechanical sponge
Chamber 2 - Bio-Balls, 2 bags activated carbon, 1 bag ceramic rings
Chamber 3 - Pump

BackFilterCompartments.jpg

palmerc

Chromis
Reaction score
Those things look like zooanthids I think. Seven kg's of LR doesn't really got that far does it. Another 5 will definitely be better, perhaps even slightly more.

Look forward to seeing this tanks progression.

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Very very nice.

Just one thing, Those are actually 2 lamps not 4, they are called Power Compacts, Basically a T5 bent back onto itself. There are ones wit 2 colours in one lamp as well:thumbup:

You will need some flow in there, something.

Maybe a bit More live rock as well than just the 7kg rextra

Matt

Wrasse
Reaction score
yeah 7kg's was just to start the tank off, plus I read it's good to get a bit of variation (is good for the biological filter) so I thought i'd only get 7kg (as they didn't have any other type of LR) and buy another type when I could find some.

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
yeah 7kg's was just to start the tank off, plus I read it's good to get a bit of variation (is good for the biological filter) so I thought i'd only get 7kg (as they didn't have any other type of LR) and buy another type when I could find some.

Good thinking

Matt

Wrasse
Reaction score
Woohoo my zooanthids are definitely alive! :)
Little guy on the left hand side has extended and is now twice as tall! (compared to the photo I posted previously)
Alive.jpg

Matt

Wrasse
Reaction score
Bought a SEIO M620 today to improve water flow. I think i've positioned it correctly. Was wondering if the bare impeller could possibly be a problem with the fish in the future?

fronty.jpg

Sidey.jpg

HenkHugo

Copperband
Reaction score
mmmmmmmmm..... the Jebo tanks (they are exactly the same dimentions, lighting etc) comes with a skimmer and UV built in... if i may ask - what would this tank retail for?

Warr7207

Moorish Idol
Reaction score
Matt, I see the bug has bitten. I like this nano, very sweet, are you entering the competition ?

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Matt, I see the bug has bitten. I like this nano, very sweet, are you entering the competition ?

Yep, not too late to start Matt:thumbup: looking good so far, you asked about positioning of the powerhead - until you have all the rock you want, it is tricky to tell, but basically you want good movement all around your rock work - so when you 'scape build in plenty of holes, then watch the flow, if you get lots of detritus falling out of the water column and settling, this will possibly cause nitrate build up later, so
redirect your ph to keep the crap moving until your skimmer removes it

Ocean

Lazy Sea Slug
Reaction score
why did you remove the front off the seio?

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Definitely put the screw on cover back, it is there to hold the impellor in place.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Wanted 0
R Wanted 4
Matt Nano Tanks 11
Matt Pico Tanks 106
Matt Nano Tanks 32