Mast climb

Reaction score
awesome tom!! the views must make the climb worth it :p

Reaction score
Tom was that you up there? Our highest is only 75m and that is a bitch to climb. You make sure you plan your work and tools carefully before going up.

Tom

Reaction score
Aaargh.. I am soooo sore today :( we climbed to fast, I normally climb slowly and take many breathers. Then it is ok. As for dropping or forgetting stuff. Ha... Thats what juniors are for He he..

Reaction score
Nice photo's Tom, but that is a bit high for me. How do you get at the top ?? Climb ??

Tom

Reaction score
LOL! Yes. There is a ladder on the inside that has rings behind your back, so you just lean on them as you move your hands and feet to the next rung.
The problem is that your knees bang on the rungs, and elbows catch the back rings.
So... Every 15 min there is the wording of may a nasty thought!! @#R$!! ha ha. And its not the funny bone either..

Tom

Reaction score
I like to take it slow. So a hour would be ok.. Its no use being out of breath and not able to work.. And I am unfit... Now coming down! :) 15 min.. zooooooooomm..

Reaction score
Respect Tom. 150m is a moerse climb. 45 is bad enough. What work were you doing up there?

Tom

Reaction score
We were looking for rusty bolts that have structural importance and loose feeder cables and just basic stuff :). The mast was painted recently so it is in good speck.

Reaction score
U Can Keep The Mast To Yourself N Thanks.....

May The Tanklyhood Be With U!

Reaction score
I climbed the mast on tues...same height as the one in the pic.
Got up, pulled the connector off and realised I forgot to bring the right size spanner.
Climbed all the way down and back up again....Damn was I sore the next day!!!!

Tom

Reaction score
LOL! Shane.. Yes I like to pack a variable micrometer in :) and a cockeye ;) duct tape and a beeg screwdriver.