Scientific posters are gaining popularity to visually represent complex research in a short, yet impactful way. The Marine Aquariums Society of North America (MASNA) has put out an open call for its Scientific Poster Session to be presented at this year’s MACNA in San Diego.
The MASNA Scientific Poster Session allows for advanced aquarists, undergraduates, graduate students, scientists, and even advanced aquarists in the hobby to submit and share their scientific posters on current or past marine aquarium-elated research projects.
Posters will be judged by a committee consisting of general hobbyists and scientists. Prizes will be awarded for posters in each of the three following categories — general hobbyists, undergraduate students, and graduate students.
In order to be considered, you must submit your abstract and be ready to host your poster onsite at MACNA on Friday and Saturday to give attendees and judges the opportunity to view the poster and interact with the researchers. At least one member of the team must be present each day.
Poster abstract submission will be open on April 4 and close June 24, 2016. Accepted posters do not come with admission to MACNA, and all attending authors will need to have MACNA Full Conference Passes so that they can be present at the Saturday night banquet.
The MASNA Scientific Poster Presentation is made possible by support from the Washington Marine Aquarium Society (WAMAS), Colorado Organization of Reef and Aquatic Life (CORAL) and EcoTech Marine.
To learn more, visit the MASNA website.
Readers also viewed:
- Want to tour Fiji for 10 days with Walt Smith? Head to MACNA for chance to win dream trip raffle
- MASNA wants YOU to host MACNA 2014
- MACNA XXII – Matt Pedersen’s Story
- Vortech MP60 delivers up to 5500 GPH for $695
- Vortech MP60 comparing betas to betas part deux
- MASNA Speaks, a new program helping to connect clubs with speakers
- Vectra S, Vectra XL or Vectra NW, which QuietDrive pump should Ecotech release next?
- Top 5 reasons why we love MACNA