MASApedia

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I am sure by now you have all noticed the MASAPEDIA link in the top left of the toolbar, those of you who are familiar with Wikipedia will notice this is the same format.

We encourage all of you to Create/edit pages in the MASApedia about articles that you are familiar with, also add as many links as what you can about the topic. You can link to threads on MASA for people to carry on the discussion and ask questions.
And add your names to the articles for some recognition.

Obviously this will take some serious work to get it to where we want it and only with your help can we make this thing awesome:thumbup:

If you want to create a new page type the Title of the page you want to create in the search box on the left and click on the GO not Search. in the new page click create this page but first make sure there are not similar pages that you could rather improve.

As you will see some of the articles are just "stubs" at the moment, if you are familiar with the project feel free to improve the article.

The formatting can be tricky, I will put together a list of the basic formatting techniques a little later. However if you dont want to go through the effort, create the page, PM me the link and I will sort the formatting for you.

Try and use as many internal links and photos as what is practical, and remember to credit the person whose photo you use:)

OK people off you go, go and make MASA even better than what it is :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks in advance for all the help guys:slayer:

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume - in the same spirit as any other wiki - that if we see things that are not correct we may make modifications?

I assume - in the same spirit as any other wiki - that if we see things that are not correct we may make modifications?
Yes you may. The wiki is integrated into our forum, when you go to the wiki you are automatically signed in under your MASA username so you can go ahead and edit straight away.

Exactly thats the idea, at the bottom there is a line for the reason for your edit, whether it be spelling or a fact is wrong, I think it will be good etiquette to fill this in.

But yes edit away this is what will make this dynamic and constantly up to date

very cool idea guys,was checking it out last night

In the same breath we are trusting that no one will abuse it otherwise it will have to be controlled.

That would be great Henk :thumbup: I will create a freshwater category.

Kanga... have you seen this on protein skimmers?
www.asira.org - Protein Skimmer Q&A

You can add it if you like it... I'd rather not mess with the wiki stuff myself (too scared/lazy).

Thanks Sara, err best you get "messing with the WIKI stuff" or I am putting Viper on a plane to go spank you:whistling:

Oh come on... I just got done with my exams dude... gimme a break! ;)

Added boss, can I have teatime now??:p

Back
Top Bottom