MASA Online Chat Channel - Its ALIVE!

Reaction score
Welcome To The MASA Online Chat Channel Information Thread

Good day, I have been asked to create a separate thread from our discussion one about hosting a Live Chat Channel for MASA. I will use this thread as a central point for all information regarding the ins and outs of it. The following methods are the easiest to connect to it (For now only option A):

Option A: Click This Link To Go To The Live Chat Channel

NOTE: I Have many other more visually appealing ideas on this, but will first discuss them with the Admins and once approved they will be added here. For now Option A is the simplest and quickest.

Some IRC Basics For Newcomers

Once you have entered your desired nickname and connected to the channel, you will be able to communicate with your other fellow reefers! :D. Sadly... many people would abuse this feature (Impersonating a user with the intent to cause harm).

To curb this trend, all users are able to register there nicknames. This basically meens nobody else would be able to use it :). Steppes as follows;

1) Logon with your desired IRC Nickname.
2) Once you have logged onto the channel, type the following (Where you would type a normal message) ( /msg nickserv register PASSWORD EMAIL ) the PASSWORD is what you would use to identify with your nickname every time you logon. Also you require a valid EMAIL for the registration.
3) Once registered you will receive a email from the IRC Network wanting to validate your nickname registration. It will have sent you a AUTH Code. This you copy/paste into the chat window. Once you've done this it will notify you that your nickname is registered.
4) Lastly, every time you logon you will be required to identify with your nickname. To do this you type the following in the chat window ( /msg nickserv identify PASSWORD ) remember now PASSWORD is the one we set when we registered.

PLEASE DO NOT TYPE THE ( AND ) BRACKETS ONLY THE TEXT INSIDE THEM!

---

And that's it ;). Please note this is not needed, but for security reasons recommended. I will continually update this thread with any new information regarding it. If you got any questions please feel free to post them here and I will help you best I can.

Regards
Storm

Last edited:

dallasg

Reaction score
awesome!!!!

Reaction score
U where there less then a min :/ anyways i updated the first post. I marked it in red aswell.

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
U where there less then a min :/ anyways i updated the first post. I marked it in red aswell.

I didn't see anywhere to log in, i tried to follow the instructions but failed, but i'm sure you'll all have enough fun without me;)

Reaction score
I didn't see anywhere to log in, i tried to follow the instructions but failed, but i'm sure you'll all have enough fun without me;)

Just to help u. Where email stand u must put in ur email and password u must put in a password.

Reaction score
Nah Mike cant be bothered with live chat, if he came on held be there 24/7/. At least in the Forums he can post every 15mins without looking suspicious :whistling:

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Nah Mike cant be bothered with live chat, if he came on held be there 24/7/. At least in the Forums he can post every 15mins without looking suspicious :whistling:
Make it a simple as the chat we have, or the many chat style forums wwe have tried and i'll do it:razz:

(P.s i'm out of work and nothing else to do):(