MASA Newbie

Reaction score
Hi all

I am new to the world of reefkeeping etc. and have been reading masa and a few other sites for a few months now. I thought it was time to register and say hi. I have all the equipment at home but have not started the tank up yet for a few reasons. I think I will only get it going early next year but I still read lots about marines and marine keeping nearly every day. Even more so now after a trip to the maldives where I saw the most spectacular reefs and fish I have ever seen.

About my tank: It is 1.2m with a stand and a sump, but I am not happy with the sump so I will get another one. I got alot of equipment from a mate so I have things like a skimmer, chiller, powerheads, return pumps and lots of other stuff. I will take some pics of it all when I start setting up.

Any way thanks for a great site. It is very informative and I am sure that when I start my tank(6 months later) I will be quite informed so I will not make as many mistakes as I could have.

Reaction score
Welcome to MASA.
Please tell us more about the brand and type of equipment you have. Oh yes, and we love pics ;)

Hey Mekaeel

I am not sure on the brands, The equipment has been packed away for some time now but I know the pumps are tunzi, I will check the other stuff and take some pics to post this week.

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome Kevin, you have a good approuch by learning first. It will save you a lot of money and headaches later. Ask as many Q's as you want and most of all: Enjoy the hobby!! ;)

Reaction score
Welcome to MASA KevinR!!

Reaction score
Welcome Kevin :)

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome Kevin, enjoy your stay:thumbup::thumbup: