MASA Changing

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
HI everyone, just to let you know that MASA will be changing to new software soon, possibly later this week. Our current archaic software was EOL about 4 years ago and is no longer supported. This brings up a few concerns, mainly security issues and also we need to keep up with the times and the way the internet is changing.

We are almost ready to migrate, I am just waiting on a coder to finish the styling for the new software, I have chosen a style and colour scheme that will mimic the current site as closely as possible. The new software is very user friendly, very easy to upload pics and is very mobile friendly and responsive. It has some great features too, but more on that when it is installed.

So just to let you know in advance that the site will go offline possibly later this week, the migration will take about 6 hours to do, so not too bad. Everything will be migrated, posts, PM's, likes etc. We shouldn't lose anything, hopefully. :p Having said that, if you have any important information you need in your PM's like phone numbers or addresses or whatever, might be a good idea to write them down, just in case we experience any data loss, but we shouldn't, I've already done a test migration and it all went very smoothly.

Thanks. :)

Can't wait...

great stuff can't wait

0437d86a7fe0a581afc31aa35af82437.jpg

Hi @viper357. Is this expected before the upgrade?

Last edited by a moderator:
Working fine for me. Best you buy a Samsung tablet. :whistling:

iphone
1564eed0e4044a.jpg

ipad
1564eedbb6ca13.jpg

nope not yet.

The guy doing the CSS dropped us.

Yeah, very annoying, I've had to do it all myself, so don't shout if it looks kak :p It was mostly colour work that needed to be done, with a bit of minor layout changes to things like the layout of the posts and avatars etc. so not too bad, just difficult working with software you've never used before. I've tried to keep it as familiar as possible as I know a lot of you guys shout very loud when things change, lol.

Planned date is the 4th December, but might move that up to this Friday if I'm not too busy.

Software upgrade will more than likely happen at about 6pm tomorrow evening (Thursday), if all goes well the forum will be back online by midnight.

Back
Top Bottom