MASA a SAPTA member

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions and Feedback' started by Nemos Janitor, 16 Aug 2012.

1. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor Thread Starter

From a personal point of view i am truly thrilled and great to be part of a forum and organisation that has our interests at heart.
    However there are a few questions and clarifications that no doubt will arise and here are a few amongst others...... just some clarification before assumptions are made.

1) Will the MASA membership to SAPTA automatically make all sponsors members of SAPTA?
    2) Will all MASA sponsors have to become SAPTA members?
    3) Will MASA align with the SAPTA code of conduct or visa verso? Any synergy?
    4) Is there a forum on MASA for SAPTA members?
    5) Will MASA send out open notifications of issues and concerns relating to aspects regarding the hobbyist.
    6) Will MASA have a open inquiry base as to future legislation reported to and, from SAPTA and other entities? and how will this work?

Some clarification would be appreciated please.

Last edited: 17 Aug 2012
  4. Nemos Janitor

Before people misinterpret my posts i am very thrilled that MASA has Joined SAPTA. It will give both SAPTA and MASA so much more representation in the industry. Definitely a move in the right direction by both entities.

Some of my questions may seem strange but the point that i am angling at is what the Cycad and hunters associations have done. Here are some examples.

http://www.cycadsociety.org/Council.htm

http://www.phasa.co.za/legislation/fca-government-gazette-no-35047.html

I think that it is extremely important that members get informed of the goings on in the industry. Just something for Admin to consider.

5. Rory

Rory Admin MASA Contributor

We joined SAPTA as they are heavily involved in fighting the current legislation controlling our hobby, especially with the proposed restrictions on imports and then also this fragging nonsense, just so that we can be kept in the loop and possibly help where we can if influence is needed to swing the vote in favour of the hobbyist. There's no need for any of 1-4 and 5 and 6 we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

6. Nemos Janitor

Thank you Rory. Definitely a step in the right direction. IMHO :thumbup:

7. Nemos Janitor

It was great to see a MASA representative at the SAPTA AGM. Superb guys, shows great commitment towards to hobby and industry.

It was also great to see all the sponsors that support SAPTA also there. Big ups guys.
    @viper357 is there a smiley for the SAPTA logo available for the SAPTA members and supporters to add their footers?

Last edited: 8 Sep 2012
  8. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

No, you can simply resize their logo and put it in your signature if you want to.

Recent Posts