Maroon clown and what other clown?

Reaction score
Hey hey guys

i added two maroon clowns in my mantis tank( with the intension that the will hopefully pair up).

The one is bigger than the other one.
And i added both of them in at the same time.
The big boy hosted the BTA and the small one drifted like a peace of wood in the tank.
They didn't bite each other allot, but when the small one came near the bta the big clown maked sure that he didn't come near again.

so after a 3 days i decide to throw big one in sump for 2 days. So i added the big one back yesterday and.......pure hell brake lose in the tank:(

so big one is back in sump and small one is in dt.

Don't think it will pair up

Now i want to know, should i add the big maroon to my reef tank with the two tomato's in it or should i sell it?

what clowns are safe with the monster maroon?

Tomato's should be safe, but the maroon wont :p
My tomato ripped my maroon to pieces, but they were of similar size, had to get rid of Tomato, got a soft spot for maroons

I saw 2 true percs at Oom Nics...
SOunds like you have your hands full with these guys... I'll stick to my angels ;)

Hey lanzo, as far as my knowledge goes, maroons are bad with any other clown, even if its too maroons, unless they are a pair, my advice is to sell one:( sorry bud. I've got maroon too:)
Ninja is right, sadly you gotta get rid of him.

so only a maroon in a tank, one cant put him with percs or other clowns mek?

They sound like a normal couple to me, you sure they aren't paired up? ;)

Maroons are pretty grumpy buggers, they really nice especially when they are young but unfortunately don't get along well with other clowns at all. Think it would be good to sell the bigger one.

wait wait, war has a moroon to.

does he have any other clowns in his system?

In the beginning I had a 6 foot tank with, wait for it:

A common clown, a clarks clown, a tomato, a maroon and a black and white clown(can't remember the name). The tomato had his own nennie, the common clown had his own nennie, the clarkie and the black and white clown shared the same nennie at night but in day clarkie hosted. Maroon didn't bother anyone for a nennie, kept to himself. I had them for nearly a year and none of my clowns ever fought. Was just lucky I guess :)
They're like people, some get along and some don't ;)

In the beginning I had a 6 foot tank with, wait for it:

A common clown, a clarks clown, a tomato, a maroon and a black and white clown(can't remember the name). The tomato had his own nennie, the common clown had his own nennie, the clarkie and the black and white clown shared the same nennie at night but in day clarkie hosted. Maroon didn't bother anyone for a nennie, kept to himself. I had them for nearly a year and none of my clowns ever fought. Was just lucky I guess :)
They're like people, some get along and some don't ;)

well i think it's fair to say you seem to have broken every fish keeping rule with regard to Clownfish:lol: but remember that Tobes was lucky and that very often you will end up with dead fish trying this method.

hectic stuff tobes

you da clown...man:lol:

Singularity- do you revere to the tomato clown?
you get 4 kinds:

Red saddleback (Amphiprion ephippium)
true tomato (Amphiprion frenatus)
red and black (Amphiprion melanopus) cinnamon
maldives (Amphiprion nigripes)

i have two different ones dark red and then a light red

well i think it's fair to say you seem to have broken every fish keeping rule with regard to Clownfish:lol: but remember that Tobes was lucky and that very often you will end up with dead fish trying this method.

I loved clowns a lot in the beginning, so I didn't know any better :p
I was just lucky they didn't kill each other :) , after reading up on them and read most of the guys stories, I'll never take that chance again. Because I know of better now, it would be like killing fish on purpose and it goes against my signature. By the way, I don't like jelly :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom