Mark's 4ft Tank

@Kunhardt If you talking about local Anthias, do you catch them locally? Where do they occur?

Yes during spring/summer months get them in abundance in Transkei and East London...as well as other tropical. The Gem Tang in my tank was also locally caught in East London at the end of last season.

Reminds me I have a pic of when the gem was first caught...was tiny as you can see in the pic below...sheer miracle the little guy survived.

256A1CA8-F49B-4883-96E2-5A2AFFBF1F59.jpeg

Reminds me I have a pic of when the gem was first caught...was tiny as you can see in the pic below...sheer miracle the little guy survived.

256A1CA8-F49B-4883-96E2-5A2AFFBF1F59.jpeg
That's awesome! I guess i will have to plan a trip down to you guys, like you say in Spring/Summer. Rockpools or snorkeling a little deeper?

I don't know what to say! Those freshwater tanks look amazing. Must have been a lot of work but my goodness just STUNNING!!

Is that a super sun coral on the left hand side ? - looks great buddy :cheers2:

Thanks Rennie!

It’s a Dendrophyllia...think they may be referred to as super sun corals yes. Same as the one you have as far as I know. :)

Thanks Rennie!

It’s a Dendrophyllia...think they may be referred to as super sun corals yes. Same as the one you have as far as I know. :)

It is indeed a super sun coral (got mine as well from our cronies in George:swim:) , i find the behavior and placing of the super sun against the normal sun coral (Tubastraea) is totally different - the super sun luv`s strong flow and full light - of where the Tubastraea wants shadow areas and low flow - my super sun is 24/7 open and i dont do any target feeding at all - just same observation from my-side bud :slayer:

It is indeed a super sun coral (got mine as well from our cronies in George:swim:) , i find the behavior and placing of the super sun against the normal sun coral (Tubastraea) is totally different - the super sun luv`s strong flow and full light - of where the Tubastraea wants shadow areas and low flow - my super sun is 24/7 open and i dont do any target feeding at all - just same observation from my-side bud :slayer:

Cool, good to know...maybe I’ll try moving it to a higher flow lit area and see how it does.

Back
Top Bottom