Marine007's 1250l Starfire ocean

Reaction score
I'm busy setting up my ultimate tank.

I've always wanted a 1000+ liter tank and got a fantastic deal on SARK's display tank.

Specs:
- 1.7m x 0.93m x 0.8m
- 1250l
- 12mm Starfire glass (braced)
- Skinny overflow on short side.

Had to take the tank apart and resilicone to get it into my house. Busy waiting for the silicone to settle.

picture.php

Equipment:
- ATB skimmer (thanks @Ridwaan)
- Reef Angel system (dosing, measuring, ATO)
- 2 x Tunze 6105's

Liverock is cycling in a container.

Still need a couple of reactors, but I'm optimistic that things will get wet before the end of the month!

Very, very excited about getting this one up and running.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesum dude, lovely tank ..looking forward to seeing this baby up and running.....:thumbup:

thats a great size tank :) looking forward to seeing it with water in it:)

what are you planning with regards to lighting?

Got a couple of MH which will do the trick for now.

In my dreams I'm getting a Pacific Sun unit. In reality however it is difficult to dig out R27k between the couch cussions...

I'm very open for suggestions.

Lovely tank mate

Got back from a week holiday today and what do I find? My tank is filled, up and running. :clap:

Francois (from SARK) has been helping me and while I was away on holiday he spent most of the weekend at my house and got my tank up and running as a surprise.

Still need to add a bit of filter floss, but everything seems to be running fantastic.

Tunze's is at whirlpool strength, need to control them by setting up the Reef Angel. So substrate is not as stationary as it should be.

The ATB skimmer skims like a BEAST on steroids!

Most of the time we go away worrying about our tanks that are full, what an amazing feeling to find your empty tank up and running!:punk:

I still need to add lighting, got a couple of Solarmax LED lights on, but they will probably work better as mood lighting ...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Wow, that looks like a stunning tank @Marine007, cant wait to see it with livestock!!!

@toppdogg - love your avatar. Want a big sign like that to put next to my tank!

@jacquesb - I've only seen the skimmer in action for a few hours, but I love it. It skims like a maniac.

I have some tongs and luckily long arms.

If it gets too deep I'm putting on my diving mask and snorkel!

Done my research and if everything pans as planned (which is probably unlikely!) - there should be little need to dig around too often.

Going to take it slow with this tank - I've already planned most of my livestock, but it will take more than a year to fully stock the tank.

PS. Anyone in Cape Town running Tunze's off a Reef Angel? I need some help!

Back
Top Bottom