Marine Scene - not a LFS

Reaction score
While visiting Washington DC I visited Marine Scene and thought that it would be of interest to all to see an American Marine shop and compare some prices.

The staff were all friendly and knowledgeable

Apologies for the quality but I only had my wifes point and shoot Sony on me.

CLOWNS.gif

CopyofCLOWNS.gif

gerald022A.gif

gerald023A.gif

gerald026.gif

gerald027.gif

gerald034.gif

gerald035.gif

gerald037.gif

gerald039.gif

gerald029.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
First off - a VERY WARM welcome to MASA Gerry! Thanks for joining MASA! GREAT to have you on board!

Also - many thanks for sharing this with us. Let me just quickly try and fix those pics for you :)

Its always nice to be able to compare with overseas shops,I find it quite encouraging as it points out how blessed we are to have what we have here and that things aren't ALWAYS better elsewhere.

Thanks and welocome Gerrry;)

Welcome man thanks for the pics Gerry

Its always nice to be able to compare with overseas shops,I find it quite encouraging as it points out how blessed we are to have what we have here and that things aren't ALWAYS better elsewhere.

Thanks and welocome Gerrry;)

Hi welcome. U guys are definately more expensive. The maroons for example would go 4 R150

Um gents that clown is not a common clown if you read the name its a Picasso Clown I have Never seen nor heard of a Picasso clown for sale in SA.

The Maroon clowns were Huge in comparison to the sizes we see for sale here and on top of that they were a Mated Pair when was the last time any of us saw a Mated pair for sale?

That coral for $199 is an AUssie coral did we ever get an aussie shipment in SA?

I do agree that we do have it better then other countries but its still better and easier to have a marine tank in the states then it is here.

because they are the only 2 in the tank plus if you look at the size difference you can see the male and female. If they were not a mated pair my guess is that there would be only 1 fish in that tank

Could I post some pics of some american shops from RC will find the original thread, but is it against the rules?

I cant find the thread, but here are some pics.

tongs_storefront.jpg

bergzy_with_tank.jpg

pr_aisle.jpg

ali_zeo.jpg

pr_tonga.jpg

pr_marshall.jpg

pr_fiji_lr.jpg

pr_crown_of_thorns.jpg

pr_fish1.jpg

pr_coral_sign.jpg

pr_anemone2.jpg

What do you think?

Here is some of there live stock

ali_clams1.jpg

Walking scorpion fish, real cool

pr_fishclaws1.jpg

Here is enougher LFS

jeffs_lfs.jpg

jeffs_cubby1.jpg

jeff_softy_tank.jpg

jeff_snails.jpg

jeff_cubby_on_big_tank.jpg

Prices aren't cheap.Quite similar to ours....how about the prices on equipment....I bet they would make us look silly there!!!!

oc_LFS.jpg

oc_frag_tank.jpg

oc_frag_pricing2.jpg

oc_frag_pricing1.jpg

oc_dragon2.jpg

oc_clams.jpg

oc_bottlebrush_acros.jpg

oc_blue_zoos.jpg

Those are the only pics i have will try and find the thread.

Back
Top Bottom