Marine pond

Discussion in 'New Members' started by lol, 30 Oct 2011.

1. lol

lol

Hi guys
    I'm new to this site. I have one small marine tank with two clowns and an anenome.dont really know much about it.I hope to learn alot from you guys.
    I always wanted to have outdoor pond with saltwater fish. Does anyone have one? I want to start with a small one first. Maybe the kiddies size swimming pool about 10000 lt. Can any tell me what's needed and how to set it up.
    Thanks

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

:welcometomasa2:to MASA..I'm the wrong person to give advice about an outdoor pond, but I'm sure some of the guys/girls might know a bit about it, although I actually don't think I've come across it on MASA, but then again, it's difficult to keep up to date with so many Threads......How about giving us some spec's on you'r current Tank..size..light's..how long it's been running...and then the "all important" PIC'S..:biggrin:

4. Tremayn

Tremayn

welcome lol.. firstly, how old is your current tank and what lighting do you have on it? Please read up on anemones as they require a mature tank (9months old) and decent lighting (metal halide) to name but a few.. They are not the easiest things to care for because of their specific requirements. Im no anemone guru but those are the basics. Please post up pics and a description of your tank..

Ok with regards to the pond, yes there are a few marine ponds but you will have to do water changes with Natural Sea Water as mixing salt will be too expensive (unless you have the bucks). You will need some hardcore skimmers unless you have a very low bio load and can do daily water changes. Most importantly, no matter how you look at it, its going to cost a pretty penny even if you go diy and take the cheapest route. Here are two threads for you to check out:

Twenty Six Thousand litre Marine Pond !!!!! - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

23000 litre Reef Pond - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

as you can see it can be done but I suggest research and research. Learn lots and plan. Let us know about your plans and we can help you. Happy reefing :)

Last edited: 31 Oct 2011
  5. Mc

Mc

Wow these ponds are amazing.:eek:

6. lol

lol Thread Starter

hi
    my tank was mature it was sold to me by a friend. he gave me the aneome from his tank as well as the fish and the rocks. i had a clam in the tank. i dont know what happen all the inside came out. how do i attach a photo

thanks

7. lol

lol Thread Starter

[​IMG]

Last edited: 31 Oct 2011
  8. lol

lol Thread Starter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. irie ivan

irie ivan MASA Contributor

Welcome to the forum, hope you have some data available, as you have a lot of reading to get through.......

For the interest of your livestock, please remember that the only stupid question is the one you do not ask, and judging by your pictures, you have a lot of questions that needs asking.

This forum is here to help, and right now you (your livestock actually) needs help.Please listen to the advice you will get here.

What do you base your assumption that the tank is mature? How do you judge maturity?

Maturity in a marine tank is not something based on age in terms of months, years, etc. There are no obvioys signs as in humans reaching puberty..........

The tank is way too small for the livestock you are trying to keep. Clowns don't travel much, but not NOT AT ALL.

If at all possible, find a reefer close to you who can assist and save your tank inmates from certain doom.

Please somebody help here.

Recent Posts