Marine fish tank aka dear brother

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Cassim, 7 Mar 2011.

1. Cassim

Cassim

I have been researching the prospect of setting up a marine fish tank for some time now. My sister has been on the look out for a decent set up for me (seeing that she lives on the coast). She has allowed me to kindly post her thoughts (taken from her blog) on the her experiences with tank search thus far !:p

Cassim

My other beloved-my brother is trying to set up a fish marine fish tank and I decided to get him two Nemo clown fish which cost R100. It seems every site I read or research I did advocated that getting freedom in Libya is easier than setting up a marine fish tank.

1.There are those fanatics-strangely these are mostly men who are structural engineers who create mini water worlds in their homes with thousands of rands stock, pumps,heaters, salt filtration, whale song music for the fish etc. This is the die hard who spends his retirement package on a fish tank that could die overnight. By the way, coral-yes live coral costs R300-R1000 a kilo!

2. Then, there is the obsessive fanatic who reads every thread posted and posts pictures of his fish, coral, snails and child-never a woman because the fish and tank is superior. He never goes on holiday and has 2 back up generators.

3. The fast fashion pundit. Since its a house in Clifton, darling, there has to be something exquisite for dinner table discussion. This guy has one gorgeous tank with all equipment in the basement parked next to his Ferrari 458. He hires other people to maintain his tank.

4. The start up who buys a “Boyu” tank for R3200 and tries to sell it on Gumtree for R5000 when he is fed up.

5. The avid hobbyist. He will sell his tank and fish for half price for someone who appreciates his beloved fish. He is an up grader. He has cute names for his fish such as “frog skin”, “polar bear” etc and insists you call them that when he sells you the tank.

6. The hit and miss. This guy irritates all the fish fundi because his tank set up is R80 and he just leaves his tank for a year untouched and he comes back and has the most beautiful coral, snails, fish etc, with little or no intervention.

7. The rabid dog. This guy is rabid and has an opinion about everything-but he does not even own a marine fish tank

8. My brother-the analyst. He has wanted a fish tank for ages, but in the end his sister and wife will have to look after him and the tank! (Just kidding, bro)

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. rakabos

rakabos

4. Tremayn

Tremayn

yay :whistling:

5. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

hahahah Nice

6. seank

seank