Marc's new 1.8M beast

Reaction score
It had to happen, my 1.2M was just getting to damned crowded. So I took the 1.8M beast that Julian off SARK had in his study off his hands gratefully!

Tank Specs: 1800(l)x750(h)x600(w)

100_3763.jpg

It has a metal stand and wooden cabinet build around it.

Sump: 1200x450x450

100_3765.jpg

The tank has a central overflow that I am not that fond of, so have asked Adriaan from IM to come and rebuild this as a C2C overflow.

100_3773.jpg

Ts4 skimmer (need to get an additional OTP2000 or the haliea equivalent - does anyone know what that is?)

100_3775.jpg

Resun 15000l/hr wavemakers (in the process of being cleaned)

100_3769.jpg

Reef Octo kalk wasser

100_3770.jpg

and the lights - 3 x 250W MH with 2 CFL Actinics

100_3728.jpg

Reaction score
mnd congrats...i see you've got plenty of work to do, to get that tank looking like new again...keep us posted with the progress...

Reaction score
Yes mnd123 nice one going to keep you busy. I see that the sump has a lot of different compartments for a over and under flow, what are you planing on doing with that Leef it or take them out for a DSB???

Reaction score
Yoh! Thats enough pics - otherwise you see how much work I have to do :)

Julle mense is mos hoere vir pretty pitchers ne?[/quote]

fast learner mnd:)

lovely tank fella and those lights look like a power plant all on their own :)

that tank looks in good condition too, a little vinegar and things will look way better.

best of luck with this tank, really nice to see you upgrading :)

PS hows the wife taken the news????:p

Reaction score
nice size tank Mnd:) got lots of cleanig to do:p but im shure it will look good as new in no time;)
awesome lighting unit.will keep an eye on this one..i see big things coming here:thumbup:

Reaction score
Yes mnd123 nice one going to keep you busy. I see that the sump has a lot of different compartments for a over and under flow, what are you planing on doing with that Leef it or take them out for a DSB???
Busy indeed - the sump takes the TS4 on the left (which is half the sump already), and I will build a DSB and return on the right

Reaction score
fast learner mnd:)
Hehehe = should know by now huh?

lovely tank fella and those lights look like a power plant all on their own :)

that tank looks in good condition too, a little vinegar and things will look way better.

best of luck with this tank, really nice to see you upgrading :)
Thanks chap - its in lovely condition, Jules kept it well - his new tank is a monster

PS hows the wife taken the news????:p
Lets just say that I had some SERIOUS convincing to do - good news is my brother is taking the 1.2M for a FOWLR for his kids - dead chuffed that I dont have to sell it

Reaction score
nice size tank Mnd:) got lots of cleanig to do:p but im shure it will look good as new in no time;)
awesome lighting unit.will keep an eye on this one..i see big things coming here:thumbup:
Thanks Clinton - yeah lots of work - but I guess I can hire that out - Adriaan will need to have a clean tank to rebuild the overflow

It is a good unit - but in my discussions with JacquesB I think I will need to supplement with some T5's

It currently has 2 x 20000K 250W MH and a 14000K 250W - and the 9W CFL - which it would seem is only for moonlights rather than any actinic effect

Reaction score
Yep - and I can already see it's gonna help me play join-the-dots toward a divorce :)
:lol::lol: dude im with you! im in the same boat as you man..will i was until i managed to wangle my out of it:p

Reaction score
Nice!!!!!