Marconi & Vista

Mekaeel

Reaction score
Hi guys
i just upgraded my pc which was running on Windows XP proffesional to Vista.my ADSL router is the marconi premium combo wireless router.it was woking perfect on XP but the software wouldnt load onto vista as it wasnt designd for vista.spoke to 5 telkom consultants over the phone,and all of them couldnt help,just one said it wasnt designed for Vista.is there an updated version of marconi's software for Vista?
thanks
Mekaeel

nah theres no network card.
ive been browsing a forum www.mybroadband.co.za and alot of people asked about marconi and Vista.Marconi isnt compatible and theres currently no software available on that forum and on google.lotsa guys on that forum just chucked the marconi routers away and bought a compatable router for vista

I think that's your only option Mekaeel. I couldn't find anything.

If you chuck the marconi, may I suggest a Netgear. They are excellent routers/modems. But I would rather buy a NIC(network interface card) for the pc. That will be a lot cheaper than buying a new ADSL router/modem.

If you want to buy a new router/modem, just ensure that the device can connect to the internet, in other words, it should have a RJ11 (standard telephone jack) at the back/front of the device. You do get devices that are sold as ADSL routers and are just that.

Hope you manage.

Wikus

Do what everyone says and buy a network card for the pc, they are like 100 bucks, sometimes less.

The problem would be the USB drivers for the modem not being made for vista. Connecting via USB to adsl modems is always a bit more finicky than just using a network connection cos it needs the special drivers etc.

I'd also suggest a netgear DG834 but why buy it if you're happy with the marconi...

Back
Top Bottom