Many thanks

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
To Crispin, for delivering my present of Biltong, i recieved it this morning, not too sure how to eat it, i might give it to the dogs to soften up a bit:lol::lol:

Howzit Mike - think of biltong as a salty chewy thing that you can use to remove some frustrations ;-)

BTW: there are some spots in and around London where you can actually buy South African biltong ;-) (once you have gotten used to the taste)...

Howzit Mike - think of biltong as a salty chewy thing that you can use to remove some frustrations ;-)

BTW: there are some spots in and around London where you can actually buy South African biltong ;-) (once you have gotten used to the taste)...

I am chewing on some at the moment, it has an err....interesting flavour, it could well be quite pleasant... i think.. but, there is something about it which says " been dead a very long time"

I'm sure i'll get used to it, there seems to be most of a large, long extinct animal in the bag.

I am chewing on some at the moment, it has an err....interesting flavour, it could well be quite pleasant... i think.. but, there is something about it which says " been dead a very long time"

I'm sure i'll get used to it, there seems to be most of a large, long extinct animal in the bag.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

NOW THAT - is funny! LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crispin, i just wondered, what poor beast gave up it's life all those years ago for me to spend the last 4 hours chewing it? (and losing i might add)

Jo thought it might be beef, but i'm leaning more towards sauropod?

Wee- Willy Mike, the correct way is a pocket knife in hand, you sitting back on the recliner, basicly slicing thin pieces and once in a while toss one to the wife and kids:peroni:

And you have to have a beer with it, not milk stout or Guinness....BEER :thumbup:

Well then keep chewing until your jaw bones ache.

i did that, it does taste good, just takes a while, i wonder if i'm cutting off too much at a time, or even cutting the wrong way across the grain? i need biltong lessons:lol:

2mm - Oops:whistling: not like half an inch then?:lol:
Depends if you got jaws like a hyena or not :p

2-3mm is good, chunky pieces are also good, all depends on how you like it. I prefer the thin slices, chews easier and my jaw doesn't get sore :lol:

Depends if you got jaws like a hyena or not :p

2-3mm is good, chunky pieces are also good, all depends on how you like it. I prefer the thin slices, chews easier and my jaw doesn't get sore :lol:

Will try when the doc takes my jaw out of traction:lol:

Back
Top Bottom