Mantis Nano

Mantisfreak, when you say they disappear overtime are you talking about the clubs or CUC ?

"If mantis don't exercise their clubs, they will lose them in the next molt. With feeding of your mantis, most of your clean-up crew will be left alone. (They are quite intelligent and prefer free food over food that requires work). However, they will slowly one by one disappear over time."

Clean up crew will disappear over time (assuming you're giving it frozen food).

Wow, how unusual is this colouring - a green peacock :)

Odontodactylus scyllarus

It's a male......much brighter coloration.

Tank mantis also tend to become brighter with each molt. Once they figure out there are no predators in their tank, they are less afraid of being more easily seen.

Warr I have a Titanium heater for you. Glad to see Jerri is doing so well in her new home. I knew she would make the perfect mistress for you..:p

Warr I have a Titanium heater for you. Glad to see Jerri is doing so well in her new home. I knew she would make the perfect mistress for you..:p

She is doing really well, she has already made her home. One entrance is on the computer side of the tank and she watches me whenever on MASA :)

The other entrance is right at the front of the tank. She moves incredibly fast between the two.

I am looking at running the nano off the MT's sump, so i give you a shout if it doesn't work out.

Thanks dude :thumbup:

Jerri took her first clam today. The eating type :whistling:

She knows there is food straight as it hits the water. Grabbed it and took it to it's cave and then the smashing sounds could be heard, very cool :thumbup:

Meal finished, now time to clean the home and discard the rubbish :)

52848fb2bb6bfd78.jpg

52848fb2bce66bee.jpg

This is cool, how often do you feed her Warr? Or do you just add a couple snails and let her do her own thing?

This is cool, how often do you feed her Warr? Or do you just add a couple snails and let her do her own thing?

I haven't done the live food thing yet. This was one of those Mozambique clams, defrosted and chuck in. She gets fed every 2-3 days.

She will eat normal frozen food, but her clubs will disappear if she doesn't use them, so hard shelled creatures are a good idea.

Problem with snails is the price. I need to find a cheap supplier. I just bought 20 clams for R 25.00

One turbo will set you back R 50 - 75.00 :(

I haven't done the live food thing yet. This was one of those Mozambique clams, defrosted and chuck in. She gets fed every 2-3 days.

She will eat normal frozen food, but her clubs will disappear if she doesn't use them, so hard shelled creatures are a good idea.

Problem with snails is the price. I need to find a cheap supplier. I just bought 20 clams for R 25.00

One turbo will set you back R 50 - 75.00 :(

Pitty you don't stay close to the big old blue, you could get loads of different snails in the tidal pools for her :)

On the other hand, is it such a bad thing if she would loose her clubs? Meaning if she eats frozen food you give her, then she won't need them and it will be safer for you too. Then she can eat from your hand like in that other picture :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom