Manic's NeoZeo Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got any ideas on what to run on the last dosing pump, here's what I have at the moment:

Pump 1: Brightwells Reef Code A (Calcium, magnesium and strontium)
Pump 2: Brightwells Reef Code B (Alkalinity)
Pump 3: Diluted Vodka Solution
Pump 4: Here are the options I have Potassium, Seachem Reef Plus (Which has vitamins, amino acids, trace elements and iodine).

Still trying to think of other stuff. I could also leave this pump free for a while and once I figure my tanks needs then use it to dose all the brightwell additives. In the NeoZeo guide it shows a method for combining all there additives at certain ratios so you only need to add one additive.

are u using reef code powder + RO or liquids?

for additives
1 x 25ml shot glass of neomarine salt
Potassion-Powder
Kalk+2 - powder
Alkalin8.3-Powder
Elemental - powder
Ferrion - liquid
Iodion - liquid
Replenish - liquid

and i dont do water changes at all in any of my tanks

here is an example of a coral which u kept for me and know its size 12cm, its now over 20cm 3 months later
14424ce4ef1ebd29f.jpg

great choice. i think the 3000 is the best designed of the blasters as it has a great transition to the cup as its not as stubby as a 5000. u will be happy u got it

looking forward to this im sure it will be an awesome tank

I'm also looking forward to it. Hope it is as colourful as I can imagine it being. The one thing I'm worried about is that the brightwell Zeo method has not provided good results for people overseas but I guess it started like that with zeovit and one person had to experiment to get it right.

I've looked up the Aqua-Pink par ratings and they are apparently higher than the aqua-blue+ (340+). I closed the link and can't find it again. What I have also done is compare the ATI lights and the KZ lights to the giesemann lights. Here is the equivalent lighting that "A Reef in the Sky" is using:

ATI Blue Plus = Actinic+
ATI Blue Special = Aquablue+
KZ Coral Light Fiji Purple = Aqua-pink
KZ Coral Light Super Blue = Aquablue+
KZ Coral Light Fiji Purple = Aqua-pink
ATI Blue Plus = Aquablue+
KZ Coral Light New Generation Aquablue+
ATI Blue Plus = Actinic+

I almost just wiped out my entire cube. I set the dosing pump in automatic mode to dose 10ml in 24 intervals. The manual is very brief but luckily I discovered that setting it like this actually doses 10ml 24 times a day.

Here's my final lighting decision:

1.Actinic+
2.Aquablue+
3.Aqua-pink
4.Midday
5.Aqua-pink
6.Aquablue+
7.Pure Actinic
8.Actinic+

Anyone got experience with giesemann lights, please tell me if this would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom