Mandarinmans Nano

Reaction score
here is my starting point, 50 l no sump. been collecting STUFF for a year now, been focussing on water perameters, so now is time to start focusing on making pretty. if anyone has small frags that will brighten up the place, give me a shout i will beg borrow or pay for them thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice little tank, a bit of work and it will look top notch.

Looking nice Glen. Would rrplace that pump with something like a seio/boyu wavemaker and move the powerhead to behind the rocks, or put another seio behind tose rocks.

my mandarin and bi colour

mandarin checking out my bicolour(which happens to like tetra plecomin tab once a day)

oops !
36947669d064e353.jpg

thanks for the encouragement guys, thanks for the suggestions ivan, will rob the bank as soon as i can find my balaclave lol

lighting,
3 24 wat t5(one actinic) plus 15 watt altman actinic plus 15 watt white altman. skimmer weipro sa 2016 running at approx 1800 litres per hour(running with inline pump). also running 30 meter denitrification coil and a five litre external wet filter filled with ceramics,charcoal and filter wool

I'm keen to see how the de-nitrification coil works out.

would like to take it one step further, creating sealed box with bioballs in near future,im sure it will up the nitrate usage

denitrator

upgrading from 30 metre denitrification coil to proper diy denitrator, 50 cm by 160 mm plumbing pipe with 2 end caps and perspex base plate. 10 m of 6 mm plastic tubing, approx 5 kgs of ceramics and used four 10 mm right angle irrigation tubes to plumb it onto a minute powerhead to get that slow piddle type of flow

I did not know what your tank looks like- dont worry, it will be supalekka once you added the pieces coming in the new year. Will post some picks with some of yours included in my tank thread.

Back
Top Bottom