Mandarin Dragonet

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is a quick question more than anything else...
So I bought a Male Mandarin a year ago, was eating frozen lobster Eggs, Cyclops and live pods etc, and has been generally a fantastic Fish. Good Nature etc. So i figured i would Buy a Female for him, I went to LifeStyle where i had originally gotten the Male from and I purchased a female.

Her and the Male seemed to get along when she was put in the tank, but she was shy, hiding etc.
I had seen this before with the male, and didn't think anything of it at the time.

3 Days later the newly introduced Female died. Then the Male Started to sit on the tank floor, not moving at all or eating and breathing very heavy.

There has been no change to the water flow in the tank for 1 year, alternating pumps with surface being disrupted for oxygenation.

Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
PH 8.2

He didn't even sleep from what i saw, as he was not getting the white color that they normally have in the mornings after sleeping.

This went on for 3 days as well, then yesterday Morning he has passed as well.
I heard that they are very resistant to disease due to their slim coating. Does anyone have any ideas what could have happened?

I bathed him in antibiotics , which clearly didn't help.

Has anyone else had something like this happen with a Mandarin?
All other Fish in the Tank are acting as they always have, and nothing else seems wrong.

Any input welcome.

Thanks

Last edited:
The other fish in your tank, are they all OK?

Yeah, every other fish so far is doing 100% ok. Nothing out of the ordinary which is why i am so confused.

Back
Top Bottom