Makro RO Unit

Thanks Bob was going to visit today any rate :)

So what does the resin chamber actually do?
Can we drink still drink the water that come from the marine RO unit?

Boats have lots of resin in them & float - so if you drink the water maybe you might
end up like a boat??? :peroni::peroni:

I have no idea

Why Marko? The water in Witbank tastes sh$t, and the waste water from my Waterboy unit still has that funny taste, although it is much cleaner. The 4th stage after the resin tastes very clean and lekka.
Or must I rather invest in a ''home'' RO unit for drinking and use the waterboy for my tank only?
Posted via Mobile Device

This one is for the Waterboy to answer, if Millipora can leave him alone for a few minutes that is.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've go the waterwell unit from makro a few months back. It's a great machine. Our water is brackish as hell and now I can drink from the RO with no problem (we used to drive cans full of water from the other end of the game farm.)I also use mine for the marine tank and I had no algae problems so far from the RO.

hello annoying......
hoedsruit,,,,,,,,yip very brack water.....i have a good friend out there who grows cycads........steve trollip.....apparently that side of the world is were they like to grow.

no problems drinking water from a marine r.o.....but do not drink it from the resin chamber......if you have a resin chamber and you want to drink the water....take it from before the chamber because if your resin starts to perish you can grow amines in there ;)

take it from before the chamber because if your resin starts to perish you can grow amines in there ;)

WTF? Can you explain Marco?
Posted via Mobile Device

iwas thinkin the same thing,wot is amines?

Here are some, Wiki each one and see how horrible they are ;)

2-hydroxyethylhydrazine
N-methylethanolamine
aziridine
cyclopropylamine
dimethylamine
2-aminoethanol
ethylenediamine
diazane
isobutylamine
2-aminopropane
methylamine
N,N-dimethylethylamine
1,1-dimethylhydrazine
piperidine
N-propylamine
pyrrolidine
2-propanol, 1-amino-,
sec-butylamine
trimethylamine

lol....****....i must type and save this part because i anwser it about 5 times a day....lol

okay so its like this.
de-ionising resin when new or when perishing can gow amines in it if it comes into contact with any bacteria / chemicals that pass though the pre-filtration stage.

amines are a type of bacteria that generally smell like fish paste.........so if you have a glass of di/ro water and it smells fishy .....chuck it

if it smells good then i suppose its okay to dink however i would not as i have done many lab tests on water samples and amines can still be present without the smell:yeahdude:
but if you concerned just mix it with some jack:1:

Here are some, Wiki each one and see how horrible they are ;)

2-hydroxyethylhydrazine
N-methylethanolamine
aziridine
cyclopropylamine
dimethylamine
2-aminoethanol
ethylenediamine
diazane
isobutylamine
2-aminopropane
methylamine
N,N-dimethylethylamine
1,1-dimethylhydrazine
piperidine
N-propylamine
pyrrolidine
2-propanol, 1-amino-,
sec-butylamine
trimethylamine

awesome dude.......now thats what im talking about......

Thanks guys. Well, seeing that I don't have a tank running yet since we moved, and I need to drink the ''waste'' water from my unit as Witbank water is gagga, I'll be sitting with or wasting a lot of 0 TDS RO...
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks guys. Well, seeing that I don't have a tank running yet since we moved, and I need to drink the ''waste'' water from my unit as Witbank water is gagga, I'll be sitting with or wasting a lot of 0 TDS RO...
Posted via Mobile Device

Hows ur new place tobes ? does it feel like home yet?

Having a pump on the system sounds great ,I would say the few extra rands were well spent.My water boy unit was so slow.I suppose we get what we pay for.

Hows ur new place tobes ? does it feel like home yet?

Don't want to hi-jack the thread, but yes - got a nice place, I like it here. Much better than PMB with regards to work, location of shops etc. I'm 4km from work and school is 3.5km from my house. Nearly everything that we need is within a 5km radius - accept Dorry pets and Idol Marine...
Posted via Mobile Device

Tobes you still going to school??? LOL

Having a pump on the system sounds great ,I would say the few extra rands were well spent.My water boy unit was so slow.I suppose we get what we pay for.

absolutly incorrect.
all these size r.o.units have a 50gpd membranes in them. that means they make up to 190 litres in 24 hours if the temp outsiside is 25 degrees and if your incomming water pressure is 4bar. that is there ideal running requirements.

if temp goes up......production increases slightly and vise versa

if pressure is low.....production is low

normal municiple water pressure is 4-5 bar......some people only get 2 bar......some people get 12 bar.

if your r.o.unit runs very slow......its not because you bought a "cheap" waterboy unit.....its cheap because i try to help marine aquarists out......

do you know that the membrane alone in that units is a filmtech membrane and costs R400

your unit must be running slow for the above reasons or the membrane or check valve has a blokage.

if its due to pressure then you can add a pump onto the inlet system which we supply

i suggest you call me on 0828793943 and we can troubleshoot and have you running at full production asap.:yeahdude:

we sell r.o.units with pumps , but generally only people who live on farms, small holdings etc etc that have water gravity fed into there houses use these.
the units with pumps will just take the incomming water pressure and boost it to 4bar so that the machine can produce its capacity of 190 litres per 24 hours.

if you want more water.....then you need a bigger membrane and if you need alot more water....then you need a bigger machine.

hope this helps

Marco Durban has tons of water pressure - here in the vaal we don't like to have as much it seems in some areas

Midrand was so bad they had to connect to the randburg main pipe! to many new buildings & houses.

Back
Top Bottom