majestic angelfish in reef tanks

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by 4age, 9 Jul 2013.

1. 4age

4age

Hi guys..i have seen pics of reefers keeping majestic angels in reef tanks...I have a new tank im setting up. I also have a small size majestic in my FOWLR..would love to add it to reef tank..BUT ONLY if it safe..im gna have lps and softies so gut feeling saying no..but seen that @RiaanP has one in his tank. @RiaanP..does it nip at your corals? have you had clams with the angel?

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

I got a Majestic, or Navarchus Angel.
    Model citizen. But again it is a softy with few LPS system. And no clams. He does not bother any corals.

The Navarchus is one of the most reef safe angels of the bigger angels. They turn into adult colours very quickly and you would hardly find juvenile colours at the LFS. So its easy not to confuse them with another species.

4. 4age

4age Thread Starter

my navarchus eats very well so he wont go hungry..i might give it a try..if he nips I can catch him and add back to FOWLR

Recent Posts