Magnetic Scraper

Looks very good, remember the clean the blade after cleaing the tank, otherwise it just rusts in days

We man yes will do. Just tested it. Even the pink coraline is a wiz. I am so impressed.

hmmm that does look good:)

weeman i had a thought last night while i was scraping the algae off, would it be possible to use a hand held plastic ice scraper people in horrid cold northern parts use? Do you guys get ice build up on your cars in winter? Perhaps i will ask a Norwegian to send some over. I like the no rust part to:)

No more standing there with your arm in the water trying to reach all the corners. I suppose another benefit is that you won't have the oils from you skin getting into the tank.

Damn thats nice, mhh LFS has some ordering to do

hmmm that does look good:)

weeman i had a thought last night while i was scraping the algae off, would it be possible to use a hand held plastic ice scraper people in horrid cold northern parts use? Do you guys get ice build up on your cars in winter? Perhaps i will ask a Norwegian to send some over. I like the no rust part to:)

Yep, loads of ice over the windscreens, but i use a de-icer spray and an old plastic security pass:)
Get one of the jobbies that Alfie has, they are really good;)

Warr, R500 for the manet cleaner and R200 ansomething for the scraping attachment.

Got it at Sams

Unfortunately/Fortunately (I found that small particles of sand gets between the magnets and scratch the glass- my previous tank) my tank glass is 19mm thick, so magnets do not work, but I use a Squeegie (spelling) that you buy at the Spareshop (the all plastic version) works wonders and do not scratch, I use the "scraper" side first and then turn it around to use the "Sponge" side- R36.00 bucks

Tunze make one that can do quite a bit more than 19mm....Alfie how many MM is your tank?

We have 4 fish tanks in our house ... 3 Fresh water and my PRECIOUS Nano ... lol. I had one of those magnetic scrapers, but it did not get rid of the really tough green spots ..... so i got a thingy that looks like one of those back scratch thingys.... with a rough sponge at the end. it's nice and long so i don't have to put my arms in all the time and IT WORKS !!!
So now we use the magnetic scrapers for the fresh water tanks and they work perfectly!!!

Everyone is happy ... lol lol

Back
Top Bottom