Urgent help needed Magic Wave 102

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by natalcray, 15 Jul 2014.

1. natalcray

natalcray

please help! I bought my son a Magic wave 102. I could find no info in the packaging regarding maintenance and simply filled it up and let it run for a month before stocking. We added a cleaner shrimp last week, and then a small wrasse this week. all seemed fine but the tank has suddenly gone cloudy. we have been very careful not to over feed as well. I looked at the protein skimmer and cannot understand how to clean it, and the collection cup is full of water. does anyone know what and how to maintain the filters and skimmer on A Magic wave 102?

Urgent advice required or I am sure we'll lose both our pets.

Clint williamson

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. mandrin

mandrin

Hi bud how long yr tank been running for how many kg live rock u have and wats your water parameters ps remove the cup from the skimmer an empty it

4. Chris Makings

Chris Makings

If you look at the back where the skimmer is, the cup should just pull off and you can dump the water in the cup. why not post a photo so we can see what it loos like and give advice from there.

5. Chris Makings

Chris Makings

here is a pic of what myne used to look like.[​IMG]

Is it the same model? I did a couple of changes to fitration before I changed tanks

6. zaid

zaid

switch off the power supply plug for the skimmer. pull out the cup vertically which will be difficult the first time. Remove the media basket next to the skimmer and the vertically pull out the skimmer. You may need to adjust the skimmer to skim properly. At the bottom of the skimmer where the motor is there is a triangular flap the rotates. this adjustment is used to regulate the water flow into the skimmer thereby adjusting the skimming height within the skimmer. start by closing this adjustment to the max and the gradually opening it as you need to adjust the skimming bubble within the skimmer. Also on my unit I removed the big blue sponge. This unit is the same as an aquaria 120lt sold by Lawrence of aquaria. He could also assist if you get in touch him. Also and idea to look at is adding cooling fans to this unit in the future with a controller as the temperature in this unit rises quite a bit especially in summer..

7. zaid

zaid

my tank with fans on top

IMG-20130912-00182.jpg

Recent Posts