Magic Fish

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Nemos Janitor, 16 Dec 2011.

1. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. seank

seank

Until they die and then they just purchase another batch.... sad

4. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor Thread Starter

I was under the impression that killifish were a protected species in SA. @Rory

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  5. Bluemotion

Bluemotion

Tagging allong saw that very thing in PnP

6. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

This is sad in General but I feel the reason I'm REALLY sad is the fact that this will probably go for kids as young as my daughter's age..4yrs old and older who loves the "pretty fish".. sigh but that is probably as far as their interest will be...although I have to admitt my daughter is VERY good with the Tank...if she could, she would feed them, clean the Tank, mix their Salt..now I'll probably sound contradictory and start a debate, but I could buy her something like that...purely because of my circumstances...hubby had FW Tanks for years, I know enough about Fish and I am a stay at home Mom, so I do have the time to look after this Fish....because THAT is basically what it will boil down too...the Parents must know that ultimately THEY are the one's that will be taking care of it...if they don't have that "mental outlook" when looking at the "Magic Fish"...then I'm afraid it's a very sad day for me to hear that a discontinued item is back in circulation again...:( Another thing I just thought of...kids are so young...buy one and it dies...no concept of "death"..buy another and another...sigh can you imagine that person as a grown-up with that "mentality"..such a person will never really "go that extra mile" for his livestock..:(...Flip side...6yr old gets one and it dies..old enough to "understand death" and feel the pain associated with the process, gets another one and takes care of it until it dies of old age...
    Either way..if I was placed in a situation where it was either a "in favour" or "against" vote...I would vote "against" in a heartbeat...I feel it's animal cruelty..about 4yr olds and up..REALLY..?? Sad...being born just to die a few hours or days from lack of proper care...:(
    Magic Fish
    http://www.mymagicfish.com/pdf/final-breeding-guide.pdf
    Magic Fish Grow Your Own Fish

Growing/Hatching Magic Fish. ( Killifish )? | Killifish Farm

7. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

If "Magic Fish" was an imported product..and not gotten by a local Hatchery, would that still apply here in SA..?:blush: I don't know how the Laws work...does it mean that..if it's protected in our Country, you can't bring it in or Import it...?

8. Alan

Alan Admin MASA Contributor

The other thing that really concerns me here is you get a sachet of salt mix, what for?

9. 459b

459b Moderator MASA Contributor

I think the salt is for hatching the brine shrimp

10. HenkHugo

HenkHugo

Rory is on his honeymoon :thumbup:

But yes the local species are protected. Lots of them on the FW black list as well and what do you want to bet they violated several acts while importing these?

Recent Posts