Macro algae

Reaction score
Hi guys since my last post long ago about not being able to grow corraline algae i still have no luck there . I been trying to grow macro algae i put some on my sump dosnt grow tried t5 n led grow lights any advice

the best is to put it on a reverse cycle from your display lights. that also help then to keep the ph constant.
If your Nitrate is zero you lucky but maybe you can feed more.

I always had low nitrates running at 0 i used to go test my wayer at pet shops because i couldnt understand why they low having no special media to remove them i always had high phosphate though

Hi guys since my last post long ago about not being able to grow corraline algae i still have no luck there . I been trying to grow macro algae i put some on my sump dosnt grow tried t5 n led grow lights any advice

With zero nitrate I doubt if you would be able to grow macro algae. The function of macro algae is to keep the nitrates and to a lesser extent the phosphates in check. You either need to dose nitrate or feed more. What is your stock list?

Oh i was hoping it would consume phosphates . 2 infernos large 1 green bubble tip large 3 small rose nenies some zoas xenia few rics a pin cuahion small some gsp 2 kenya trees medium 2 or three small frags of other things . Fish 3 damsels yellow tail 1 fox face large 1 orange stripe tang 1 Naso tang 1 sailfin tang 1 yellow tang 1 dory (name slipped ) 4 clowns 2 shrimps 2 crabs fish all fat fat . 1.8m tank about 400 lt sump

Back
Top Bottom