LR with aiptasia? removable?

leslie hempel

Professional Aquarist
Reaction score
guys i have some LR that i wanted to sell but it has aptasia on it.. if there is a thread that already exists please direct me towoard it but i would like to remove the aptasia before selling, is this possible?

i dont really want to sell to someone and have them sit with a problem..

help would be appreciated..

thanks les

Les - best way I found, is the following:
MANUAL PROCESS
1) squirt some white vinegar directly on the aptasia
2) remove the aptasia with some sort of scrubbing brush, ie. veggie scrubber, or even an old toothbrush
3) rinse the live rock off with old tank water....

Or you could use Joe's Juice. I used it for the first time last week and it killed off all the aiptasia within minutes.:thumbup:

aiptasia.jpg

aiptasia-3.jpg

Hi bra like jacquesb and jaak said works but there is another solution take your rock place it in ro water then add some bicarb soda and a pump and leave it over night,then remove, and scrub the rock and then rinse and leave it to air dry for 24hours and tell me again

i saw a thread on reefcentral where the guy burried it under putty? might detract from the appeal visual though. thanks jaak so the main focuss is a little elbow grease? damn i am lazy :)

i saw a thread on reefcentral where the guy burried it under putty? might detract from the appeal visual though. thanks jaak so the main focuss is a little elbow grease? damn i am lazy :)
Dude, squirting a bit of Joe's onto aiptasia is the lazy way!!! But it works flippen well. It had better be, at that price!!!;)

I third joes juice.........bought a bottle yest used abt 1.5 mls and got rid of 4 big and 3 med size aiptasia in minutes...it is lazy yes but for 160bucks was a cheaper solution than taking out rocks from tank....last time i did that i dropped sum heavy pieces on my anemone and am pretty sure i killed a coral....

I use Lemon juice, they do not like it.
But I have to repeat it every day. Only got 4 buggers left that are very persistant. They are small, max 1cm tall and in a gap in the rock. They totally pull back into the rock and I can not see them anymore. Sometimes I'm lucky with a direct shot, and I see white slime (like smoke) coming out. Did all 4 last night, and will check who survived this afternoon.
Maybe I should just leave them untill they are big and an easy target.

I use Lemon juice, they do not like it.
But I have to repeat it every day. Only got 4 buggers left that are very persistant. They are small, max 1cm tall and in a gap in the rock. They totally pull back into the rock and I can not see them anymore. Sometimes I'm lucky with a direct shot, and I see white slime (like smoke) coming out. Did all 4 last night, and will check who survived this afternoon.
Maybe I should just leave them untill they are big and an easy target.

yeah you could do that but what if 4 becomes 8 and 8 become16 etc?

All Gone, no more Aiptasia
Lemon juice works.

Back
Top Bottom